3 months ago
Requisition ID: 213100
* Relocation Authorized: None
* Closing Date: Open until filled
THIS IS A SHORT TERM ASSIGMENT - AGENCY - 6 MONTHS
1. Purpose of the Job
To support the Employer in implementing the approved strategy for Testing and Commissioning and supporting the individual Station, Portals and Shafts projects, Tier I contractors and nominated suppliers in fulfilling all Testing and Commissioning requirements of the works information in a manner that ensures full integration between contracts across the Central Operating Section.
2. Principal Accountabilities
Support the Employer coordinating and supporting project teams in relation to the following:
* Overseeing and supporting the individual project teams in implementing individual Testing and Commissioning plans
* Supporting the Tier 1 contractor in managing interfaces during Commissioning and conducting dynamic testing across multiple contracts.
* Reviewing Testing and Commissioning documentation produced by the individual Contractors
* Create, manage and lead project level working groups related with Testing and Commissioning
* Monitor/report progress towards Testing & Commissioning of Station, Portals, Shafts Contracts to the Lead Testing & Commissioning Coordinator
* Provide input to the Commissioning Planner for incorporation in the Dashboard and Crossrail Integrated Programme
* Provide clarity and communication to the project delivery teams on the Testing and Commissioning Process
* Collaborate and co-operate with other CRL entities involved in Testing & Commissioning ( Planning ; Chief Engineer’s Group; Rail Systems & Commissioning; Integration).
* Support development of integrated Testing and Commissioning programmes that demonstrate the coordination of systems through the Central Operating Section in support of the overall programme for delivery.
* Support the Testing and Commissioning Certification Process.
* Ensure evidence of satisfactory Testing and Commissioning results are compiled and processed in support of the handover strategy.
* Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles.
* Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
* Act as a role model for Crossrail’s vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail’s Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
* Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail’s information or information systems at risk
* 3. Main challenges of the job
* Supporting the Employer in relation to understanding and ensuring the coordination and integration of Testing and Commissioning activities to fulfil all defined requirements, including schedule, cost, and self-assured quality for assigned systems/assets.
* Influencing a matrix organisation at project level to deliver a successful and Integrated Testing & Commissioning strategy
* Building and maintaining strong working relationships with all the key stakeholders in a large multi tier infrastructure project
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
Key working relationships -
* Reports to the Lead Testing & Commissioning Coordinator
* Works closely with key individuals from all Crossrail project teams and Systemwide contractors - T&C coordinator for rail systems, project field engineers, MEP package managers, planners, construction project managers; project managers, quality manager, certification manager, directorate support teams and other third party stakeholders.
5. Person Specification
* Bachelor Degree in relevant discipline.
* Experience in the design of building/station mechanical, electrical and public health (MEP) systems
* Knowledge of industry work processes fo Testing and Commissioning building services
* Knowledge and understanding of working arrangements with joint ventures, alliances and consortiums.
* Experience in Testing & commissioning, ideally of MEP Systems
* Ability to effectively work within a matrix organization.
* Knowledge of cross functional work processes and interface knowledge, especially Project Controls , Quality management and the ability to manage the relationships/interfaces with management and functional groups.
* Understanding of Health & Safety requirements for Civil Engineers and Railway construction projects including CDM regulations.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.