9 months ago
As a Senior Test Engineer you will be a Principles Tester (Complex / Major Work) competent in testing offsite computer based interlockings.
What are my responsibilities?
* Ensure health, safety and environmental requirements are complied with both at the site depot and work sites
* Promote a zero accident / incident culture and environment
* Manage testing and commissioning Control Table and Principle Testing in accordance with the project programme and budget requirements
* Ensure that testing and commissioning is carried out and recorded in accordance with correct and up to date drawings, plans, specifications and computer software and data
* Ensure that the quality of the testing and commissioning is in accordance with SRA, client, manufacturers and legal procedures, processes, regulations and standards
* Liaise with the appropriate Project Engineering Manager and Design Engineers in respect of design issues associated with principle testing
* Management of allocated principle testing staff
* Undertake regular audits of the testing and commissioning operation to ensure SRA, client, manufacturers and legal procedures, processes, regulations and standards are being complied with
* Establish and maintain a positive and collaborative relationship with the client and with subcontractors and other third parties interfaces
* Certify the system and / or systems are fit for purpose and formally handover to the client
What do I need to qualify for this job?
* HNC/HND/Degree in electrical Engineering or equivalent (essential)
* IRSE Licence as a Principles Tester.
* Experience in site testing of mainline or metro railway signalling projects for the testing and commissioning period of the project lifecycle (essential)
* A thorough grounding in the requirements for site testing activities as laid down in Siemens, customer, national and international standards and procedures as part of the overall project lifecycle (essential)
* Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills associated with managing allocated staff and contractors, other functions within SRA and the customer (essential)
The Siemens Mobility Division with approximately 3,500 employees, focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offering includes products, systems and solutions for intelligent traffic management, rail-bound transportation, smart grids, energy efficient buildings, and safety and security. The Division comprises the divisions Rail Systems, Rail Automation, Traffic Solutions, and Rail Electrification.
Requisition ID: 236712
Career Level: not defined
Full time only