5 months ago
Senior Test Engineer
Careers Site Advertising End Date: Not Specified
Are you looking to join a dynamic and innovative organisation at the forefront of Cyber engineering within the Defence sector?
Northrop Grumman is seeking a number of Test Engineers with experience in software and integration testing to join their rapidly growing Test Function in the Gloucestershire area.
With roles across the experience spectrum, whether you are new to testing or have many years of experience, Northrop Grumman would like to hear from you.
Different thinking for a Different world
As a market leading defence and security provider, with international reach, Northrop Grumman have been at the leading edge of the defence, logistics, communications and information security sectors for over three decades.
Providing innovative solutions across a diverse product range, Northrop Grumman boasts over 2,500 employees across Europe and a rapidly expanding UK operation and is constantly seeking new and unparalleled solutions to demands across everything from autonomous systems to real time battle space communications and data analysis solutions.
As a part of Northrop Grumman you will be given the opportunity to use your skills to make a difference in our mission of enabling global security.Our company grows because of our employees' dedication and commitment to achieving our mission.
With a belief in rewarding the dedication shown by our staff, Northrop Grumman gives employees access to a benefits package that provides you with health & well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development, but most importantly the flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life.
How you will make a difference
As a testing professional you will play a key role in ensuring that technically challenging and complex business critical systems are thoroughly tested and fit for purpose through the application of both traditional and cutting edge testing techniques under an Agile way of working which creates a dynamism not usually found outside of start-ups.
Within Northrop Grumman, the ability to innovate within test is key and we have immediate opportunities for test engineers who can help develop and maintain automated test solutions within our rapidly growing portfolio of agile projects.
We would expect you to have the following:
• ISTQB Foundation/Intermediate Certificate in Software Testing
• An existing UK Government clearance
• Firm understanding of both SDLC and common testing practices, including functional, performance, integration, system and non-functional testing
• Ability to translate both business and technical requirements into testable scenarios
• Proven data analysis skills
• A knowledge and ability to use common testing tools, including Atlassian toolset, Jmeter, HP ALM, defect tracking tools
• Knowledge of Agile development practices, including Scrum or Kanban
• The ability to work as part of a high performing Agile team
• The ability to identify opportunities to, and preferably implement, automated test solutions
• Experience of developing all levels of test documentation, including test strategies
• Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, analytical, planning and written/verbal communication skills
• Desire to learn and grow within a high performance and flexible workspace
In addition the following skills are highly desirable:
• Knowledge of automation testing using tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, Jmeter
• Programming languages, particularly Java
• Experience of DevOps practices
• Experience of configuration management tools including Git, Stash
• Experience of continuous integration systems incorporating Jenkins, Bamboo or Docker
• Experience of UK Government working practices
• Additional testing qualifications via ISTQB or other recognised body
You will enjoy a growing career as we work collaboratively to innovate the world of cyber security.
Additional information for your consideration...
You must be able to maintain UK Government clearances
Opportunities exist across the UK to enhance your career progression
Being a part of Northrop Grumman gives you the opportunity to use your skills to make a difference in our mission of enabling global security. Our company grows because of our employees' dedication and commitment to achieving our mission, something we always remember. In return for working for us you will have access to a benefits package that provides you with flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life, health & well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development.
We are committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status, including race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.