10 months ago
Senior Test Engineer
Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing and distributing advanced electronic systems, products and services to commercial, defense and space industries. Globally, we have 40,000 employees and operate in over 125 international locations.
The Established Satellite Communications team, based in Tewkesbury, UK, now seeks a Senior Engineer to take us forward in the Aircraft Connectivity Market.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small team of domain leading experts within a Major Multinational Aerospace player. Aircraft Connectivity is one of the most significant growth areas and it is in its infancy. The opportunity to get on the ladder early in this complex domain and set the standards and systems for the next 50 plus years, is exciting and rewarding.
Principally, a Satellite Communications based team, we also have significant influence in air to ground (ATG) communications including LTE, GSM, VHF and others throughout Honeywell. Also leading into Data and Control links for UAS. We are actively involved in Government initiatives in this domain, notably ARTES, IRIS, ANTARES, SESAR, Clean Sky II.
We are interested to hear from candidates with experience of Test Automation and Software Release Management. The role involves working closely with a team developing C/C++ in an embedded environment for telecommunication systems, so an appreciation of or background in this type of work would be beneficial.
The primary role of the job includes, but is not limited to the following:
* Using and extending our Python based test system controlling our SATCOM modem and a range of test equipment to automate the testing of our products.
* Controlling software configuration and software releases, providing artefacts to support the deployment of our product in an Aeronautical environment
* Improving release automation to reduce the overheads of making software releases this includes compiling and packaging software and generating documentation.
* Continuous improvement of our test and release systems
Executing Project Subtasks
Ensure project and product compliance
Consult with vendors and suppliers
Establish and follow methodologies
Experience / Skills required:
* Graduate or MSC qualified in Electronics, Software Engineering or Communication Engineering ideally.
* Test Automation
* TCP/IP, UDP, PPP, PPPoE, ISDN.
* Software Build Systems
* Continuous Integration Systems
* Familiarity operating test Equipment (e.g. Spectrum Analysers, Signal Generators)
Experience / Skills desirable:
* Familiarity with Agile methodologies
* Experience with Atlassian Toolset (BitBucket, Jira, Bamboo, Confluence)
* Understanding of test case design principles
* Project management or team leadership
* Requirements management and test coverage.
* Experience of DO178C Level D/E
How Honeywell is Connecting the World
* Continued Professional Development
* * ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
* Job ID: HRD25287
* Category: Engineering
* Location: Green Lane, Ashchurch, Tewkesbury, GLOUCS GL20 8HD GBR
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.