about 1 month ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close- knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
‘Our team is responsible for making sure that Sky’s Network is supporting new products/features without any technical issues. We are looking for creative individuals to join our team and gain exposure to multi-vendor environment and learn on real network devices’ – Manager – Test & Delivery
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning London, UK campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
The primary purpose of the role would be Domain technical expert, support & lead other T&D engineers including offshore and perform testing & implementation activities for new solutions, features, hardware and software delivered into Sky IP Network.
– Be responsible for Functional & Non-Functional Network testing while working closely with Network Design & Operations team.
– Solution delivery into production by refining implementation processes to ensure smooth & event less roll out in production environment and handover to operations.
– Own and lead test projects executed by Other T&D engineers (both onshore & offshore).
– Own respective platforms for the entire lifecycle of the platform encompassing commissioning, maintaining and retiring of platform.
– Have detailed knowledge of hardware architecture and software features of the various products and technologies in order to act as a Domain technical expert and point of contact for various engineers.
– Own network elements feature roadmap; work closely with our strategic technology partners for software release planning and management.
– Offer technical consultancy to the Network test automation engineers for improving testing efficiency and extending the test coverage of our automated test frameworks
– CCNP Data Centre or equivalent certifications with F5/PA
– Hands-on experience of Palo Alto Firewalls (Both CLI and GUI), F5 LTM & GTM and Cisco IOS-XR and Nexus NXOS platforms.
– IP Data Center networking and Routing/Switching such as MPLS, LDP, ISIS, BGP
– Experience of testing IP and MPLS QoS on switching and high end routing platforms
– Strong knowledge of Python and GIT
– At least 3 years with Datacentre/Hosting network and working experience on testing tools such as Ixia (IxNetwork, IxLoad, Breaking Point)
– Large scale deployment & Config Audit using custom made scripts
– Understanding of advanced MPLS and Segment Routing is advantageous
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about