about 1 year ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler are looking for a Senior Telecommunication Engineer to provide Telecommunication Discipline expertise for the engineering and design of Petrochemical plant and facilities.
* Knowledge of the Telecommunication Discipline with respect to Feasibility / concept studies, Front End Engineering Design (FEED) and Detail engineering within Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects in a multi-disciplined project team environment
* Working in a multi-disciplined project environment to produce deliverables on schedule, of the correct quality and technical content
* Keep up-to-date with the latest technological advancements and best practices within the Telecommunication specialisation
* The Senior Engineer shall have the ability to design in detail the majority of the following systems:
* Data Communications and Networking
* IPTV/CCTV System Design
* Public Address and General Alarm System
* Digital Trunked Mobile Radio Systems
* Structured Cable System Design
* Voice Communication Design
* Security Access Control
* Security Intrusion Detection Systems
* External (Outside) Plant Cable Network Design
Skills / Qualifications
Degree in Electronics or Telecommunication Engineering
Proven track record of working on FEED, EPC and PMC projects in the Oil & Gas sector
Knowledge of international codes and specs for safety critical systems would be beneficial
Amec Foster Wheeler designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors. With pro-forma 2014 annualised scope revenues of £5.5 billion and over 40,000 people in more than 55 countries, the company operates across the whole of the oil and gas industry – from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products – and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets. Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard to the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.