4 months ago
Come and work on the Transpennine Route Upgrade
Amey Consulting, as part of the Transpire Alliance, are working on delivering the high-profile Transpennine Route Upgrade (TRU) project which is a major programme of rail improvement that will have a real and lasting impact on people and communities in the North of England. We are connecting towns and cities, improving journey times and supporting economic growth for generations to come. TRU aims to deliver faster, longer, more frequent and more reliable services across the north of England, from Newcastle, Hull and York towards Manchester and Liverpool via Leeds. The route covers 76 miles of track, 8 tunnels, 15 viaducts, 25 stations and 270 bridges.
As a result of the long-term contract on TRU, Amey Consulting are looking to recruit across all of our Northern offices to support our design engineering team.
The right type of person to join our team would be:
Driven to produce highly technical and complex design solutions
Dedicated to a high-profile, long-term project
Customer-focused, giving attention to detail ensuring client satisfaction
Someone who values flexible working, ensuring a healthy work-life balance to suit every lifestyle
Enthusiastic and enjoys being a part of a diverse team
Interested in learning and mentoring opportunities
Focused on personal and professional development
What is the purpose of this role?
* To undertake any work of a technical nature that falls within the Jobholder’s ability and competence. To work at any position within a design project team to achieve the project objectives.
* To supervise the work of other staff
* When required, to undertake the roles of Activity Manager and Designer.
* Preparation of safety critical telecom design, plans and technical details.
What are we looking for?
* HNC/HND or equivalent but relevant experience may be accepted in lieu
* IRSE Designer Licence 2.1.115v1 (or able to obtain such)
* Membership of the IET or IRSE (desirable)
* 3 years’ relevant experience in the design of SISS Telecoms including CCTV, CIS, and Public Address systems and experience of Operational Rail telecommunications design would be beneficial.
* A good knowledge of rail industry products, practices and familiarity with applicable railway standards is essential.
What will this role involve?
* Preparation of all level of design from feasibility studies, outline project specifications through to detailed design submissions.
* Production of Telecoms layout drawings, specifications and other technical documents.
* Production checking of team’s work prior to independent check.
* Site visits and surveys, inspection of equipment for condition and capacity, including mentoring of junior staff in these activities.
* Delivery of work (personal workload and that of suppliers and technicians under the Job Holder’s control) to programme, budget and specification.
* Mentoring of junior staff within the team.
* Planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources, billable hours and delivery timescales.
* Ensure that design is effectively produced using the CAD system in accordance with office procedures and project specific CAD compliance requirements.
* Updating of designs and records.
* Client, inter discipline and third party liaison.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ.
We are an equal opportunities employer and place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all our employees. We can also offer a flexible work week to suit a healthy work-life balance.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year, including cycle to work and interest-free season ticket loan. All employees are also able to participate in our community involvement day to volunteer and make a difference in their community.