4 months ago
Working at Hanson is about being part of One Team. We operate around 300 manufacturing sites in the UK and employ over 3,500 people in a wide range of roles from production workers, plant operators, technicians and drivers to sales, IT, engineering and finance managers.
We are part of the HeidelbergCement Group, one of the largest building materials manufacturers in the world, employing over 45,000 people at 2,300 locations in 40 countries.
Our aim is to be a leading sustainable business and we are committed to being fair, respectful and inclusive and are an equal opportunities employer. We exceed customer expectations through an engaged team that is professional, responsible and reliable.
We believe in working safely and sustainably, focusing on a zero-harm workplace and our ambitious target to reduce our CO2 emissions by 50 per cent by 2030. Our employees understand that we do much more than just produce materials: we are vital to ensuring roads can be built and maintained; we manufacture the concrete foundations for buildings such as schools and hospitals; and we are part of major infrastructure projects that will shape the future of the UK
Description of Team / Department
Major Projects - HS2 Project Delivery Team
Chipping Sodbury or Oxford or West Drayton
Purpose of / Responsibilities of the role
* To support the technical advisor in providing quality control & improvement to production sites, depots, HS2 team, operational teams and external customers
* Schedule and carry out field sampling and testing as required in line with inspection and test plans
* Working with operational teams to ensure all materials are in full compliance with specifications
* Carry out plant, equipment, stockpile and materials inspections to identify where corrective action is required
* Establish and maintain product quality procedures to ensure consistent material in line with HS2 customer requirements.
* Report any defect, action or occurrence that may jeopardise materials in any respect of health & safety, the environment, product quality and service.
* Investigate and resolve non-conformities/ complaints arising from complaints and material deficiencies.
* Carry out site audits to review and improve upon ways of working
* Use data from sample analyses, to identify areas of improvement or non-conformance
* Prepare and collate reports for materials and issue to customer as required
* To educate & train other stakeholders in relevant technical aspects, e.g. provision of toolbox talks
* To substitute for the Technical advisor as required
* To carry out additional duties as required by the HS2 team
Skills / Experience
* Driving License (
* 1+ years technical experience in construction products industry
* 5 GCSE's at grade A-C, to include Maths
and English, or equivalent professional competence
* Be working to a relevant professional qualification (Certificate in Ready Mixed Concrete, Concrete Practice, Concrete Technology etc.) or a degree in a relevant subject.
Excellent Remuneration and Benefits
* 27 days holiday
* Leading pension scheme offering with generous contributions from Hanson.
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more.
* Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career.
* A comprehensive structured induction programme.
* Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Cycle to work, voluntary Life assurance.
* Access to discounted private medical benefits
* Paid day off to Volunteer every year
* Holiday Purchase Scheme
* Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
Location: Chipping Sodbury/oxford/West Drayton
Full Time / Part Time: full time
Working Hours: 40.00 hrs
Contract Type: Permanent
Shift Description: Standard Working week
Company Vehicle: van