about 1 month ago
Job ID 00021080
About the role
As we enter one of the most exciting times in our history, we are looking for a number of Telecommunications Planners that ooze our Virgin values and embrace the on-going ways of working within Liberty Global. These roles are brand new to Virgin Media, so a great opportunity to join us and be part of a key new team that really drive our company purpose, Building Connections that really matter. We are open to location and would consider applicants across multiple areas - Reading, London, Birmingham, Sheffield and Manchester.
As a Senior Technical Planner, you will be scoping, validating and planning complex & high profile opportunities for VM & VMB fibre network expansion programs by using a mix of Selfbuild and Openreach’s PIA network.
You will be ensuring planning standards, target architecture and best practices are adhered to with all of VM planning resource including outsourced planning partners whilst identifying PIA (OH and UG) training and development needs of expansion planning resource, including outsourced planning partners formulated action plans to close knowledge gaps.
As part of the role, you will be at the forefront of new technology, you will plan first of type architecture and help introduce it to the larger planning communities. You will be working with regional planning and outsourced planning partners to ensure a seamless delivery of strategic opportunities in-line with network expansion strategic plan, ensuring through active management that all planning standards and processes are adhered too.
The team will be seen as the centre of excellence; you will work very closely with and actively support your line manager through technical excellence and collaborative working with the National Planning Telecoms Teams acting as an ambassador for Planning and driving consistency within Planning.
What will you be doing?
* Using the tools available and taking a strategic view, identify, validate, scope, cost and plan large complex opportunities suitable for VM & VMB fibre Network expansion programs.
* Project-manage all strategic network expansion opportunities through the planning process.
* Support the Fibre Network Growth Programme and provide technical expertise to support the role out of new technologies, ensuring that we have clear planning guides to support the design of new technology and methods of working.
* Validate, cost plan and produce precise documentation and work instructions for submission to the assessment process. Allowing informative and accurate decisions on suitable opportunities and progression into the network expansion build program.
* Ability to produce technical documents which will be published ensuring consistency throughout planning.
* Work as a team to develop and maintain Document library to ensure all material is current and available.
* Work collaboratively with peers, partners and stakeholders to support the identification, validation, planning and delivery of planning workstreams in Lightning.
* Maintain excellent working relationships with all key stakeholders.
* Assist in the development of strategies for and support the implementation of improved national processes including automation, planning tools and inventory systems.
* Demonstrate a professional approach so that the expectations of network expansion customers are met.
* As a planning SME Provide a point of contact for all planning related issues and support activities.
* Ensure all tasks are completed with the Customer at the heart of everything you do to reduce disruption, speed up expansion and contribute to an increased NPS.
Are you right for the role?
* Significant experience in PIA Network Design and Planning
* You will ideally hold Openreach S005 (OH) and S006 & S007 (UG) accreditation
* Experienced in Technical Document creation
* Experience working with SharePoint.
* Significant experience in access and network planning, with the ability to produce detailed designs for both residential and commercial opportunities in telecommunications.
* Experienced in Fibre Network Expansion environment
* Demonstrate ability to work within a process lead environment, driving process adherence and best practice as well as assistance with the development of new processes in line with the development of new technology.
* Extensive experience in telecommunication Network/Fibre planning
* Experience of working onsite working with Civils/Cabling Partners
* Full clean driving license
View in Google Maps