4 months ago
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Senior Systems Engineer – Enterprise Customers
Dell EMC is a collective of customer-focussed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we are committed to provide that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for driving the technical sales strategy for DELL EMC’s products and services in assigned customer accounts. As a member of a field account team, the candidate must demonstrate leadership abilities across a diverse set of matrix sales teams to accelerate the adoption of DELL EMC solutions and services.
The candidate must possess a general understanding of the customer’s business. In addition, demonstrate a desire to expand customer industry knowledge by rapidly assessing industry trends and impacts to the target organization. Be able to quickly identify customer’s strengths and weaknesses in their industry. Assess the ability of the IT organization of a customer to respond to rapidly changing business requirements.
The Senior Systems Engineer must have a deep understanding of DELL EMC and competitive technology as well as business applications. As a trusted technology advisor for customers the candidate regularely engages with customer's senior management to assess major business operations and address product/service needs. Consults with engineering to answer customer's questions and remove objections that arise in a sales campaign. Engage customer contacts at both a strategic, business focused and tactical IT technology level.
We intend to hire a person who provides technical leadership and direction to customers and internal staff in the development of fully integrated technology solutions in support of pre-sales activities in the assigned market. Assists in the analysis, design and development of fully integrated technology solutions. Acts as technical expert and consultant to develop and propose solutions that meet the technology as well as the business requirements of assigned customers. Technical emphasis is on hardware capabilities, software requirements and systems integration. Makes technical & sales presentations to customer's technical staff and senior management.
* Works with Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific solution, service and technical sales plans (typically in complex enterprise and highly critical accounts)
* Drives strategy and implementation of technical sales for products (typically Converged Infrastructure, Enterprise Storage, Software and Cloud solutions) and services within area of responsibility
* Develops and documents DELL EMC solutions to meet customer objectives. Completes required presales documentation quickly and accurately
* Lead the development of responses to highly critical, large scale customer requests and proposals.
* Anticipates technology and/or market trends and provides guidance to the customer
* Maintains knowledge of DELL EMC solutions and competition to effectively address and dispel customer objections to DELL EMC solutions
* Deep knowledge of data center technology including converged infrastructure, storage, server, network, database, systems management, DR/Business Recovery practices, production operation etc. (beneficial on Dell EMC products)
* Excellent presentation skills in front of all levels of the IT Organization and C-Level audience
* Self-motivated, proactive and understands the importance of a strong sense of urgency reflected through ability to drive customer demand within district
* Excellent industry knowledge and ability to anticipate new industry trends
* Good understanding of Dell EMC’s competitors in the area of data center technology and cloud solutions
* Virtualization and IT automation process experience with VMware on: Storage & Availability, SDDC Platform- and Cloud Management Platform Solutions
* Related sales and technical experience
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, competitive benefits package.
Dell EMC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell EMC encourages applicants of all ages.
If you require any assistance in applying for an open position or have any specific requirements to attend an interview, please get in touch.
We are a Disability Confident Committed Employer and aim to ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.