11 months ago
Senior Systems Engineer - Enterprise
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Systems Engineer in our Enterprise team in Glasgow.
Our field sales professionals rely on proactive technical support during the sales process – and our expert Systems Engineering team always steps up to the mark. We lead the development and implementation of complex and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installations or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for driving the technical sales strategy for DELL EMC’s products and services in assigned customer accounts. As a member of a field account team, the candidate must demonstrate leadership abilities across a diverse set of matrix sales teams to accelerate the adoption of DELL EMC solutions and services.
The candidate must possess a general understanding of the customer’s business. In addition, demonstrate a desire to expand customer industry knowledge by rapidly assessing industry trends and impacts to the target organization. Be able to quickly identify customer’s strengths and weaknesses in their industry. Assess the ability of the IT organization of a customer to respond to rapidly changing business requirements.
The Senior Systems Engineer must have a deep understanding of DELL EMC and competitive technology as well as business applications. As a trusted technology advisor for customers the candidate regularely engages with customer's senior management to assess major business operations and address product/service needs. Consults with engineering to answer customer's questions and remove objections that arise in a sales campaign. Engage customer contacts at both a strategic, business focused and tactical IT technology level.
We intend to hire a person who provides technical leadership and direction to customers and internal staff in the development of fully integrated technology solutions in support of pre-sales activities in the assigned market. Assists in the analysis, design and development of fully integrated technology solutions. Acts as technical expert and consultant to develop and propose solutions that meet the technology as well as the business requirements of assigned customers. Technical emphasis is on hardware capabilities, software requirements and systems integration. Makes technical & sales presentations to customer's technical staff and senior management.
* Works with Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific solution, service and technical sales plans (typically in complex enterprise and highly critical accounts)
* Drives strategy and implementation of technical sales for products (typically Converged Infrastructure, Enterprise Storage, Software and Cloud solutions) and services within area of responsibility
* Develops and documents DELL EMC solutions to meet customer objectives. Completes required presales documentation quickly and accurately
* Lead the development of responses to highly critical, large scale customer requests and proposals.
* Anticipates technology and/or market trends and provides guidance to the customer
* Maintains knowledge of DELL EMC solutions and competition to effectively address and dispel customer objections to DELL EMC solutions
* Deep knowledge of data center technology including converged infrastructure, storage, server, network, database, systems management, DR/Business Recovery practices, production operation etc. (beneficial on Dell EMC products)
* Excellent presentation skills in front of all levels of the IT Organization and C-Level audience
* Self-motivated, proactive and understands the importance of a strong sense of urgency reflected through ability to drive customer demand within district
* Excellent industry knowledge and ability to anticipate new industry trends
* Good understanding of Dell EMC’s competitors in the area of data center technology and cloud solutions
* Virtualization and IT automation process experience with VMware on: Storage & Availability, SDDC Platform- and Cloud Management Platform Solutions
* Related sales and technical experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the technical skills to take our sales to the next level, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
As members of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancies and ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.
If you require any assistance in applying for an open position or have any specific requirements to attend an interview, please get in touch.
Job Family: Engineering
Job ID: R52934