9 months ago
Senior Systems Engineer - Automotive
Dyson has opportunities for Systems Engineers to join the Powertrain group within in its Electric Vehicle Engineering Team based at its Hullavington HQ.
Hullavington is tucked away in countryside famous for the landmarks of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded rural location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independently–minded.
We’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source. For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2020.
The Systems Engineer will develop system level architectural design and requirements for EV powertrain features.
• Liaise with project level stakeholders to develop a common understanding of the requirements for powertrain related features and functions.
• Analyse stakeholder requirements and use model based system engineering principles to produce system design solutions.
• Generate textual top level requirements and decompose to implementation level hardware and software requirements specifications.
• Develop system level integration and functional test strategy and define test specifications.
• Work with Functional Safety team to develop and ensure compliance with safety requirements.
• Degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent.
• 3 years or more experience designing systems engineering solutions for complex interconnected systems, preferably in an automotive or aerospace environment.
• Significant hands on experience generating text based system level requirements.
• Experience of using model based system engineering principles and tools to analyse and decompose requirements.
• Experience working with powertrain supervisory control systems preferred.
• Working knowledge of embedded hardware and software.
• Experience working with safety critical systems is preferred, specifically ISO26262.
• Experience of working with formal requirement management tools such as DOORS.
• Knowledge and execution of software quality and processes such as ASPICE.
• Experience of FMEA Development and Reviews.
• Excellent communication skills coupled with the ability to lead meetings with colleagues to elicit stakeholder requirements.
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic, but most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do. We are looking for individuals who wish to invent, design and develop leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside other leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to develop products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors. Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. However, financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound.