3 months ago
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
1. Working flexibly either as part of a team or singly, delivering Systems Engineering projects to support internal and external customers in their planning and management of acquisition, research or product development activities.
2. Identifying, engaging and managing internal and external stakeholder communities.
3. Analysing stakeholder needs and expectations to elicit, document and manage their requirements for a capability.
4. Analysing customer requirements and translating them into logical system requirements and constraints
5. Managing complex information sets.
6. Supporting the procurement phase of projects.
7. Supporting the V&V phase of projects.
8. Collaborating with project teams as a solution develops to ensure its continuing compliance to requirements.
9. Identification of, and reporting back on, additional customer business opportunities.
10. Understanding systems designs, their technologies and interfacing issues, update and upgrade considerations etc.
Experience and qualification:
1. Degree Level qualification or equivalent
2. CEng or equivalent
3. 7 - 10 years plus relevant experience in engineering/systems engineering
Particular skills/experience required
1. Ability to conduct surface ship trials and support acceptance activities
2. Ability to conduct ship hardware surveying down to equipment, interface, power and HVAC considerations, EMC/EMI considerations
3. Good overall knowledge of several RN surface ship combat systems and their engineering issues and policies.
NCSISS (various tasks), Pointer
QinetiQ Systems Engineering Grading
GG10 - Associate
GG11 - Junior
GG12 - Senior
GG13 - Principal
GG14 - Senior Principal
QinetiQ offers an excellent salary and benefits package commensurate with a large international company some of which are highlighted below:-
• Career development across a diverse International organisation
• 50% off meals at selected restaurants , 40% off cinema tickets.
• Modern and collaborative working environment
• Pension - up to 10.5 % Company contributed
• Flexible Working , Social and family events
• Health Cash Plan , Health Screening, Employee Assistance 24/7
• Leading edge technology focus
• Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance at additional cost
• Childcare or After School Club , Annual Leave Purchase
• Personal Accident Insurance , Annual Travel Insurance
• Gym and sports facilities available at larger sites
• Payroll Giving and Volunteering - helping charities and local community