11 months ago
Primary Purpose of the Role:
* Thales AOW UK (Air Operations and Weapons) brings a future in Battle Space management, software intensive Mission Planning and Air Base Command and Control systems. Due to expansion we are recruiting for an experienced Systems Engineer who can undertake the full design life cycle, both front-end System Requirements & Design tasks, but who is equally capable of undertaking back-end Integration, Verification and Validation activities. With opportunity to work across multiple projects at different stages of the lifecycle including new and existing projects this is truly a varied role.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
As part of a large Systems Engineering department the Systems Engineer will be responsible for a wide range of systems engineering activities across Thales Air Operations. The applicant must have demonstrable knowledge and experience designing and integrating Tactical Datalinks into Land-based Command & Control systems. Tasks will include but not be limited to:
* Requirements: Capture Customer & End user needs and distil into functional and non-functional requirements. Manage the derivation & flow-down of lower-level (Subsystem / component) Requirements including interface requirement identification within IRSs involved with Tactical Datalink Processing.
* System Architecture definition: from the agreed System requirements, assist in the definition of candidate System architectures. Undertake candidate trade-off studies / Decision Analysis to arrive at agreed Functional & Physical Solution Architecture.
* System Design: create detailed system / subsystem designs, including buy / team / make decisions, specification of internal / external interface definitions & information flows including the generation of ICDs
* Maintain currency on TDL developments and relevant STANAG/Mil-Std updates
* Understand nuances of TDL system limitations and behaviours at system level.
* Write and agree the Integration strategy with key project stakeholders, tailoring the standard IV&V process to meet the needs of the project & Integration Plans
Skills, experience and qualifications ideally required:
* To have a good working knowledge of DOORS including use to facilitate successful change management and acceptance.
* To have a working knowledge of various Design tools (e.g. Rhapsody)
* Experience gained in either a solution design or IVV role, with demonstrable, practical experience of these – preferably on complex software-centric projects.
Note - The successful candidate will need to be able to gain SC clearance. We will consider a relocation package for the right individual.