9 months ago
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Can you combine a proven track record in sales with up-to-date knowledge of technology? If you are passionate about what you do, the career possibilities at Dell will be second to none. Within Enterprise Sales, we are looking for a VMware Enterprise Architect to join our top-caliber team in the UK.
Dell provides end-to-end solutions that enable more affordable and accessible technology around the world, empowering people everywhere to do more. You will be part of a collaborative team that believes in honest communication, shares creativity and welcomes different perspectives. There is a winning culture built on a platform of integrity and a spirit of innovation. We will also provide the mentoring, training and opportunities for you to fulfil your ambitions and potential.
The VMware Enterprise Architect will be responsible for the following duties. Occasionally, the Enterprise architect may be assigned other responsibilities at the direction of Dell management:
* Provide Pre-Sales support on VMware technologies
* Maintain detailed knowledge of major competitors and baseline knowledge of all other competition
* Lead efforts to design and deliver customized solutions to meet customers’ needs
* Work directly with customers in the sales and account management process
* Provide feedback on features, issues, trends, and other product or market related concerns that affect product sales and acceptance
* Defines and responds to customer RFIs and RFPs
* Responsible for maintaining and growing business pipeline around VMware solutions
* Responsible for enablement of VMware related solutions within selected route to market (Direct and/or Partner led engagement)
* Technical degree or equivalent required
* In depth storage experience knowledge of Software Defined Storage and other related technologies
* In depth experience with Storage Integration into heterogeneous IT environments
* Experience of Virtualisation solutions and positioning of this technology
* Experience with VMware Airwatch, Horizon, WorkspaceOne vSphere, Virtual SAN (vSAN), vRealise & NSX
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Experience as PreSales consultant
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Read our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
If you require any assistance in applying for an open position or have any specific requirements to attend an interview, please get in touch.
We are a Disability Confident Committed Employer and aim to ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.