9 months ago
Purpose of the Role
* To plan, execute and lead complex surveys to satisfy Client expectation
* To lead teams of Surveyors in carrying out surveying activities
* To accurately and reliably produce survey data to present to clients or Designers
* To prepare, check and approve survey data as required
Safety - Actively demonstrate support for the implementation of the Colas Rail Limited Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) strategy, associated actions and resulting initiatives.
Profitability - Provide cost effective support to the Engineering department by conducting and resolving surveys in the most efficient and timely manner.
Quality - Provide accurate survey results conforming to best practice and industry standards.
Respect - Treat people in a fair and consistent way. Consistently strive to understand client's needs and requirement.
* Carry out surveys as directed by the Survey Manager
* Be able to determine the most appropriate professional manner for the planning and execution of surveys
* Diligently complete land, overhead line, railway and gauging surveys
* Establish calibration and maintenance regimes for all survey equipment
* Establish survey monitoring regimes
* Carry out setting out activity in accordance with design drawings and scheme plans
* Manage teams of Surveyors
* Lead and coach Lead Surveyors in all site surveys
* Produce survey data accurately and rapidly
* Act as checker and approver on survey data provided by others
* Carry out safety inspections and review SSOW paperwork
* Have a good understanding of track access planning systems including GZAC and PPS
Be a member of RICS / ICES or working to achieve Chartered Status
Competent in the selection of the appropriate survey equipment and the operation and instruction of the following -
Total Station, Platform gauge, Laser Sweep, GPS, Heights and staggers gauge, Mephisto, Automatic and digital levels, Laser Scanner, Track Measuring Device and Have a good understanding of LiDAR and its suitability
* Competent in the use of at least four or more of the following survey and complementary software packages with a good understanding in the operation of all others including -
Terramodel / LSS / Liscad / SCC / N4CE
Trimble Business Software / Leica GEO Office
AutoCAD / Microstation
Bentley Railtrack / MX Rail
Be able to understand and translate RICS and Network Rail surveying standards into site practice
Be competent to a level to enable the training of Surveyors in the following survey techniques -
Topographical and detailed surveying
GPS / GNSS operation*
Hold Sentinel competencies including -
Hold additional competencies including -
IOSH Managing Safely
1. Professional approach to managing and delivering technical activities
2. Effective people manager
3. Good communicator
4. Is flexible and adaptable in changing circumstances
5. Ability to prioritize work and organize team resources
6. Ability to make decisions to support the requirements of the business
7. Ability to work under own initiative and effectively manage own time
The above does not limit your duties and the Company may require you from time to time to undertake any work within your capabilities and capacity.
Colas Rail in the United Kingdom values and encourages diversity in our workforce, regardless of background, disability or gender. As part of our aim to deliver quality services, we are committed to promoting equality and eliminating discrimination.
Colas Rail currently works with a number of approved recruitment suppliers. We will therefore not consider CVs or speculative proposals from any other agencies. Recruitment agencies not currently approved as preferred suppliers are kindly requested not to submit speculative CVs to any part of Colas Rail.