about 1 year ago
Senior Supportability Engineer
Role Title and Location:Senior Supportability Engineer
Job Ref No: P6842
MBDA Level of role:L3
Reports to:Project Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Manager
An opportunity has arisen within MBDA’s Customer Support & Services (CSS) organisation for a Senior Supportability Engineer to perform engineering activities associated with influencing product design for support and for developing cost-effective support solutions for our global customers. Working in an integrated project team environment during the product’s design and development phase, you will be able to further develop your through-life support knowledge and capabilities, as well as interpersonal and communication skills, to satisfy Customers’ support requirements and MBDA’s support business objectives.
* Managing small work packages on behalf of the project Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Manager.
* Progressing design for support objectives, to include development of supportability requirements and the exploitation of new and existing technologies to facilitate through life support.
* Supporting the development of the optimum support solution for the product, typically within an Asset Availability Service context, while taking account of all stakeholder requirements and needs.
* Identifying the logistic support resource requirements and liaising with relevant project, business and CSS areas to facilitate their development.
* Supporting CSS functional improvement activities at a national and international level.
What’s in it for you?
* An excellent opportunity to further develop your Supportability Engineering capabilities within a dynamic and challenging environment, and to be involved in the development of a support solution in preparation for the delivery of an Asset Availability Service.
* A great chance to gain experience in an engineering discipline that addresses the complete system, and one that will also give you exposure to customer, business and supplier dynamics.
* Each day usually presents a new challenge: this will stretch and test you as individual but will also provide you with huge satisfaction as these challenges are met.
* An outstanding opportunity to work directly and jointly with the UK MoD and a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
* Working for a multinational organisation, there may be the opportunity to travel, in particular to France and Italy.
* Potential to further develop your career in several CSS areas including Supportability Engineering, ILS Management, Product Support Management, Support Engineering.
What’s great about the team?
* You will be joining a focused, integrated and multi-functional team charged with developing one of several new weapon systems that will be a key part of UK and Export customers’ integrated defence capability over the coming decades.
* You will also be a member of CSS whose singular common goal is to provide the front line forces with the weapon systems they need to do their jobs. Working as a CSS representative in a development environment, you will have an ideal opportunity to help define the support solution that will best satisfy this goal.
* Joining MBDA, you will be part of a multi-national organisation whose common values are Innovation, Integrity, Commitment, Passion and Team Sprit.
What are we looking for?
* We are seeking someone who is interested in developing their engineering capabilities to challenge today’s design and support solution concepts to make it easier for our customers, and for MBDA, to support our products in the future.
* You will be an experienced engineer with product design experience gained during the development stage of the life cycle or, alternatively, with product support experience during the in-service phase of a product.
* We are looking for a self-motivated, team player who has a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner when working in a dynamic design environment.
* You will be familiar with ILS and supportability engineering objectives, with an understanding of the customer environment, structure and processes.
* You will be flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing requirements and priorities.
* You must be able to solve challenging problems within tight timescales and budgets.
* You must have the capability to proactively network, build trusting relationships and positively influence others in order to achieve your objectives.
* We want you to have strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
* You must be willing to travel occasionally within the UK and possibly overseas.
What would you get? (Remove for internal only roles)
* Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus scheme and superb learning and development opportunities.
* The opportunity to work for one of the UK’s best companies – In 2017, MBDA was ranked 12th in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to work for.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).