about 1 year ago
Senior Supplier Relationship Manager
We’ve connected millions of people safely, reliably and efficiently to the energy they use since 1990. But the world has grown, becoming more urban, complex and connected than ever before. So we’ve changed too. We know we can’t stand still or be complacent, so we’re planning, innovating and working to remain as vital and relevant as ever before. Join us and you’ll help us build the energy systems of tomorrow. Join us and be at the heart of energy.
About the role
As the Senior Supplier Relationship Manager you will lead the development and implementation of the key strategic supplier relationship management strategy for National Grid, as defined by spend, complexity and strategic importance. Key accountabilities;
* Lead and facilitate SRM for key strategic suppliers, capturing opportunities and ensuring resulting opportunities are effectively communicated and executed through the Global Procurement Category and Contract teams, together with business entities as appropriate.
* Undertake research and analysis of key strategic suppliers and the external market place, ensuring that information e.g. supplier strategy and risk insight is shared between Global Procurement and wider business entities.
* Manage the long-term relationships with key strategic suppliers to form deep, mutually beneficial partner relationships and understanding.
* Lead a highly motivated, innovative and value-focused team, developing talent and a performance management culture.
* Provide support to business wide change activities, role modelling new ways of working and supporting the delivery of elements of the programme to ensure capability is improved and value added to the business.
With a Degree or equivalent, you will be a strategic thinker with the ability to communicate dynamically at all levels within National Grid and externally to senior leaders within supplier organisations.
You will possess strong relationship management experience, driving commercial value and performance through major contracts and have experience of managing procurement activities and delivering value.
With experience of using business intelligence to leverage opportunities and deliver targets, you will have a good understanding of broader business objectives and implications of strategic planning and actions within the category on the regional/global businesses.
An expert in influencing and negotiating, you will have the ability to deal with ambiguity and to make decisions or recommendations on incomplete information
Who we are
At National Grid, we don’t just ask our people to deliver to the highest standards. We also support them to be the best they can be. Accredited training programmes and personal development courses are a part of life here. We value and encourage diversity of thought, whatever your background. By creating an inclusive, switched-on workforce, we drive performance and deliver excellence. Which is exactly what we need to achieve our vision of creating sustainable energy solutions, for today and tomorrow.
The closing date for this vacancy is 3rd October 2017. However, we encourage candidates to submit their applications as early as possible and not to wait until the published closing date. National Grid’s recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.