7 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Structural Integrity Consultant to join our successful and growing Consultancy & Defence business based in Cheshire. The structural integrity team provides structural analysis, structural assessment and consultancy relating to high hazard and capital intensive plant, predominantly in the civil nuclear, defence nuclear and process industry markets. The team provides structural integrity support to both new build and legacy plant in the UK and overseas. The team works closely with other parts of Wood to provide integrated solutions to client requirements.
We are looking for people who can apply their skills and knowledge of Finite Element Analysis, structural assessment/design and mechanical engineering to evaluate the structural performance and in-service behaviour of components. The successful candidate will have a sound structural integrity background, preferably with experience in delivering consultancy services to the nuclear or process industry sectors. As a Senior Structural Integrity Consultant you will be expected to supervise and mentor staff at an earlier stage in their career. You will also be expected to support the development of the business through the bidding, winning and delivery of projects to clients.
* Undertaking structural analysis and assessments of components
* Discussing and developing solutions with colleagues and customers
* Producing high quality technical reports on the outcome of your work
* Checking work of other team members
* Interfacing with customers throughout the lifecycle of projects
* Recognising new business opportunities and assisting with developing these
* Leading/assisting with the production of contract proposals and bids
* Assisting in maintaining the technical capability/knowledge of the team
* Representing the business in technical meetings with clients and third parties
* Delivering work to time, cost and quality to ensure customer satisfaction
Skills / Qualifications
* A degree in a relevant subject, such as Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Maths or Materials
* Registered member or eligible for membership of a relevant professional body
* Experience of structural integrity assessment methods and procedures
* Significant experience in finite element (FE) software such as ABAQUS, ANSYS and PATRAN
* Experience of stress, seismic, fatigue or creep analysis
* Experience of structural design codes such as ASME, Eurocodes and British Standards
* Experience of direct client interaction
* Good written and verbal communications
* Demonstration of innovation, and producing solutions
* Experience of project management and an ability to deliver on time and within budget
* Be able to work under their own initiative to ensure a successful outcome
* Be willing to spend time working on client sites
* Be willing to work on defence-related tasks and be able to gain appropriate security clearances
* Experience of fracture mechanics based fitness for purpose assessment methodologies
* Experience and familiarity with the operation and construction of nuclear plant and the underlying safety cases
* An ability to assimilate structural integrity safety arguments
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.