8 months ago
Opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our national Structures Division and developing Manchester Structures team, working alongside our established Building Services, Acoustics, Fire, Geo and Transportation teams in Manchester, M2 4DN.
Hydrock is an independently owned consultancy, of over 450 staff (over 100 Structures staff), operating out of 16 offices. It is one of The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and a champion of well-being (note our recent Health and Wellbeing Leader of the Year award at the NCE100). You can check out our values here. We are currently growing at 12% per annum and believe part of our success is looking after our people and our values help create a unique, dynamic, working environment. We have established a strong multidisciplinary team in Manchester and aim for substantial growth over the coming years.
Our national structural engineering business is led from Bristol, where our largest team is located, with smaller teams in Birmingham, Cardiff, Gloucester, London, Manchester and Plymouth. You can expect exceptional colleagues to work with and learn from and an interesting variety of challenging projects. Local examples include, Manchester Life – Cotton Field Wharf, South Bank, Stockport College, M6Major.com, Manchester Life – Smith’s Yard and Mersey Reach.
Your role will include:
* Delivery of scheme and concept designs
* Delivery of detailed design including full tender and construction packages
* Attendance at client, design and site meetings
* Management and development of engineers and technicians
* Liaison with statutory authorities, architects, the design team and contractors
* Preparation of fee proposals, input into project bids, ITTs etc.
The attributes we expect you to bring to the role and company:
* MEng/BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering
* Chartered Membership/Associate Membership of the IStructE/ICE OR working towards Chartership
* At least five years’ experience in building structures design
* Self-motivated team player with good people skills
* Strong communication, analysis, technical design and drawing skills
* Marketing/business development skills are desirable but not essential
* Someone ambitious, who believes in our values and wishes to be part of Hydrock and our success.
What can you expect?
Inspired and motivated colleagues. A good team, office and employer. A genuine opportunity to create and to be recognised and rewarded.
The remuneration package will include a competitive salary and employer pension contribution, 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy/sell up to five days), well-being bonus and a wide variety of flexible benefits. There are also little things like a paid day off for good causes and free fresh fruit in every office.
A career with Hydrock offers you the chance to achieve your potential in a strongly people-focused and values-led business that provides great opportunities for professional and personal development.
Hydrock is an Equal Opportunities Employer.