about 1 year ago
Senior Structural Engineer
Full Time Temporary
Posted on: 15 October 2019
15 November 2019
Full Time Temporary
SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
Full time, two year contract
£50,000 – £55,000 per annum plus benefits
Motivated, team player, looking for your next move? – If this is you our Structural Engineering team in our London office needs your help.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Engineer with significant experience in Mission Critical / Data Centre buildings and the supporting infrastructure. You will have specific structural design capability, including pipe trestle design and coordination, foundation design including coordination with bedrock blasting and analysis and coordination with M&E disciplines.
Main duties will include:
• Undertaking the design, preparation of contract documentation and management of Civil or Structural engineering schemes.
• Liaising with clients, statutory bodies, professional advisors, contractors, insurance companies, general public and others.
• Undertaking site surveys and investigations and writing reports.
• Preparing and checking designs, drawing and calculations.
• Visiting site for various purposes including surveying, contract supervision, valuations, inspection or site safety.
• Drafting site instructions, certificates and contract correspondence.
• Discussing schemes and amendments with project team members, clients and others.
• Acting as or assisting the Job Manager in managing projects and project data.
• Obtaining third party approvals, liaison with Clients, statutory bodies, other professionals and the public.
• Supervising and training employees with less experience or qualifications.
• Inspecting and supervising site works and undertaking contract administrative duties.
You will hold a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, have knowledge of structural principals and designs, Codes of Practice, Design Standards, Building Regulations and Health & Safety legislation. You will be proficient in the use of surveying and measuring instruments and computer software including AutoCAD. Good verbal and written communication skills are essential for this role.
This role will include some overseas travel so a valid passport and the ability to travel freely is essential.
We offer a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package and annual performance related bonus.
MLM is an equal opportunities employer, so please inform us of any special requirements that you may have.
Please send your CV with details of your current remuneration package, quoting vacancy reference 1116 to Leanne Crawford:
Closing date: 15 November 2019