4 months ago
About the Role
Senior Structural/BIM Modeller, Bridges - Cardiff
At WSP, there’s nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrow’s world that's cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
We are offering an opportunity for motivated and talented individuals to join our growing Bridges team in Cardiff. Working within the Highways and Bridges division you will be involved in the exciting new projects ranging from small footbridges up to long-span highway bridges.
A typical week would include:
* The job holder will be responsible for producing 2D and 3D Models of structures and ancillary components;
* Liaise with the discipline engineers and collaborate and coordinate with other teams involved in the scheme throughout the development of the project;
* Follow the BIM content standards, execution plan and project workflow set out by the BIM coordinator;
* Export files in DWG and other formats and collaborate in the preparation of federated models;
* Adapting to new software’s for the needs of the business and/or Client requirements;
* Leading the development of junior staff;
* Monitoring and development of output.
We require a proficient Senior BIM Modeller with extensive experience who is committed to continuing to develop their career in a 3D BIM environment.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Experience utilising Revit, AECOSim etc. Preference shall be given to those with experience in the modelling of bridges;
* Computer Aided Design (CAD) experience working in both 2D and 3D;
* Ensure compliance with BIM standards and best practices and report non-compliance;
* Determine predicted workload, manage, monitor and report on resources;
* Agree priorities and deadlines for drawing production with the project engineer;
* Good communication skills as the candidate will have to liaise and collaborate with colleagues in other offices in both the UK and overseas, clients and contractors;
* Ability to manage its own time and assist managing junior staff to meet deadlines;
* Experience working in a team environment;
* Ability to challenge details and propose better practices.
Preference given to professionals with a BIM certification or significant experience using Revit, AECOsim etc.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.