about 1 month ago
Amey Consulting, exceeding expectations
At Amey Consulting we deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world’s biggest asset owners; giving you the unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. Nowhere else offers quite the same combination of positive influences and experiences to help you deliver your best. We’re proud of what we do, because we’re all given the freedom to perform - it’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
As a Senior Data Scientist at Amey Consulting no two days are the same. You’ll work with the biggest infrastructure organisations, liaising directly with clients on a wide range of different projects. You’ll use your focused thinking alongside the latest technology to find smarter answers to complex challenges. You’ll be given every chance to build your career how you want, with like-minded team players. And you’ll be in an environment where worklife balance is not just talked about, but achieved.
Are you a Senior Data Scientist passionate about using your skills to make an impact? Are you driven by data, systems and change management to support clients to make better decisions through applying digital intelligence? Do you want to work on high profile projects with clients such as, Network Rail, Highways England and Heathrow Airport?
Amey Strategic Consulting are leading the Asset Management & Infrastructure market in Data Science and in scaling up digital capability within our client operations, all powered by an amazing collaborative team. With a growing team of 120+ employees, working across our 2 offices, London and Manchester, we continue to catalyse sustainable business change through our four key offerings.
You will be required to use a range of technical skills including: data analytics, machine learning, system modelling and optimisation techniques. By coupling this technical capability with clear and concise storytelling, you will support clients to make informed decisions that improve their outcomes by ensuring their decisions are evidence based. Although this role is within our data science offering, we encourage our consultants to cultivate a wide range of both technical and non-technical skills.
In a typical week, you will:
* Working closely with clients to understand the challenges they face, shape these into well-defined requirements and provide analytical solutions
* Developing approaches and analyses that can be transferred across different sectors, helping clients to make better use of their data and drive intelligent decision-making
* Exploring new data sets to investigate how they can be used to realise value for clients
* Developing new solutions and tailoring tried-and-tested approaches to analytical problems in infrastructure by delivering themselves and/or managing small technical teams
* Contributing to developing relationships with high-profile clients up to director level
* Help with business development to gain new work and expand commissions
We want to hear from you if you:
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in a STEM subject (or equivalent portfolio/work experience)
* Preferably experience with our core toolset (Python, Git, cloud services such as AWS/Azure)
* You’re comfortable with big data technologies e.g. Spark, Cassandra
* You have experience contributing to web applications or production programs for analytics solutions
* An advantage to possess domain knowledge of analytics applied to physical infrastructure
* Proven ability to contribute to fast-paced technical projects and quickly understand what needs to be done, even if it’s out of your area of expertise
* Demonstrable experience of formulating, solving and implementing analytical solutions to business problems desired
* Exposure to managing technical work and directing teams in data & analytics projects
* Technical ability in at least one of statistics, machine learning, or data-led business process change, and drive to learn new skills and technology desired
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think smarter. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
* Competitive salary
* Flexible ways of working
* Exceptional development and progression plan
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
* Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
* Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers