3 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood are recruiting for a Senior Static Equipment Engineer with significant experience in the Oil, Gas and/or Petrochemical industries in both operating site support and EPC roles. Candidates shall have experience of working closely with clients.
Although this is a long term position to be based at our client offices in Teesside, with occasional visits to the project office in Darlington, we would welcome applications from Contractors.
* Management of own workload and budgets, responding to the Lead Engineer and client requirements.
* Preparation of Equipment Technical Specifications for Enquiry (Specifications/Mechanical Datasheets, etc)
* Assessment of existing equipment for re-rate or continued service requiring good working knowledge of PD5500 and API 579.
* Technical Evaluation/clarification of Supplier bids – Completion of technical report to support order placement
* Lead technical discussions with Vendors & Client.
* Preparation of Equipment Technical Specifications for order
* Review of Supplier documentation for integration within project design (GA/Details/Calculations/Fabrication procedures, etc)
* Project technical support – familiarity with risk assessments, design reviews, constructability, HAZOP, etc.
* Inspection support, as necessary
* Construction support and site support, as necessary
Skills / Qualifications
Degree qualified with Chartered Engineer status or working towards.
Technical experience should include a range of static equipment:
* Boilers / furnaces
* Columns & vessels/ drums
* Heat exchangers
* Storage tanks.
* This should include fitness for service assessments of ageing plant and specification of repairs/modifications. In addition, candidates shall have experience of typical technical documents such as enquiry & purchase specification, bid analysis, and post order documentation.
* Knowledge of non-destructive testing would be an advantage
* Previous experience of Risk Based Inspection would also be an advantage.
* Candidates shall also possess strong self-initiative skills.
* Candidates shall be familiar with the use of international standards e.g. ANSI, ASME, ISO, API, BS etc and application of client’s specific standards..
* Candidates shall be computer literate with Microsoft Office and the discipline packages such as Finglow and PVElite.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.