11 months ago
Senior Specialist CAD Key User (M/F)-TFEN-UKDY01580224
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions.
At Bombardier, 70,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
For our site in Derby, we are currently looking to recruit a Senior Specialist CAD Key User (m/f) to join a highly skilled engineering team.
A Senior Specialist to work closely with business group functions, suppliers and engineering management to develop, deliver and maintain the necessary CAD strategy / processes for engineering including external work package management (eg offshore). Ensure that engineering efficiency improvements are achieved within the CAD engineering toolset and their use. This is to achieve the delivery of rapid and robust issuing of quality engineering output from the CAD toolset. Also to drive continuous improvement, process development and root cause analyses within the CAD toolset. Ensuring engineering commitments are achieved with respect to time, quality and cost). Development and introduction of training materials, ensuring that training is effectively given and received.
• Motivated and driven individual to maintain and develop the CAD strategy with the support of line management and key suppliers.
• Development of CAD systems (Catia V5) by recognizing opportunities for improvement and the creation of supporting business cases to achieve enhancement of the tools.
• Primary focus towards rapid delivery of robust and high quality data.
• Development of new engineering processes, improvement of current processes or retraining of existing processes to the engineering team. Consider industrial best practice with a clear focus for on time delivery, cost reduction and profit increase.
• Document new processes & publish within the Bombardier process databases. Oversee training materials & validate effectiveness within the engineering projects.
• Review improvement requirements with the product engineering teams or specialists. Consider the current and potential future organisation structure.
• Provide technical expertise to support the daily administration of the engineering tools in conjunction with the Key Users, HCL, IBM, BT Group Engineering and BT Group IS.
• Management of external work packages (e.g. offshore) to ensure ontime delivery, quality and cost (QCD) by using Bombardier standard CAD processes and tools.
• Perform analysis of complex problems within the CAD toolset to determine root cause and impacts of developed solutions.
• Development of CAD training materials & validation of effectiveness within the engineering projects.
• Ensure that the requirements of the BT business strategy are met in the current and future CAD and CAE tools.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Computer Science, Business Management or relevant discipline.
• Technical domain experience essential, Computer System Integration experience essential, Computer System Architectural understanding essential.
• Rail experience desirable.
• Provide technical expertise in the Computer Aided Engineering domain and especially the use, support and development of Catia V4 &V5, VPM/DPM databases, Microstation and EMS applications on multiple platforms.
• Be able to demonstrate the ability to use this technical knowledge in the support of other departments (engineering, production, procurement, projects) and the development of less experienced engineering personnel.
• Development of partnerships with external suppliers to support the delivery of outsourced work packages.
Posting date: 17.01.2018
Closing date: 17.02.2018
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now via the link below and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Derby
Employee Status: Regular