5 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Technology team.
As a Senior Solution Architect working within the Architect & Engineering team of Group Digital Platforms, you will be working on a varied range of applications and platforms for some of Sky’s highest profile brands and digital products across Europe. This will include Sky Sports, Sky News, Sky Identity, Sky Vision, Sky Kids and the Internal estate which serves Sky’s employees. It covers a number of domains from identity and user management, editorial content publishing, video and streaming technology, data ingest amongst others.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Leeds Dock campus offers a pool table, table tennis, discounted gym membership, endless local discounts, and much more.
– Providing guidance and mentoring to the solution architect team, including line management responsibilities.
– Help to build and drive both architectural and wider tech strategy, distilling into teams and solutions.
– Strengthening architectural governance across the team and wider community
– Creating and supporting innovative end-to-end solutions that meet the requirements of the sponsor while maintaining the overall integrity of the technology systems and prevailing strategy and policies.
– Providing architectural leadership on large delivery projects, from shaping the approach at inception and elaboration stages to supporting delivery planning and providing architectural guidance throughout the lifecycle.
– Working with development teams to ensure that the Solution is well understood and are secure, highly responsive, scalable, highly available, and resilient in the face of failure of dependent components and systems. Adjusting it as needed in the face of change.
– To help develop and evolve the platform, identifying areas for improvement and defining the platform strategy and roadmap to support future goals.
– To help build upon and evolve ways of working and definition of guidelines within the Solutions & Analysis team.
– To pro-actively assist in the development of, and draw conclusions from proofs of concept for new technologies and architectures.
– Understand roadmaps and direction to make sure solutions we’re building now will be suitable for the future.
– Owning and driving architectural domain(s) shaping the capabilities and strategy within it, and supporting others in doing so.
– Great people and communication skills, being able to tailor the information to the audience.
– Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, being able to weigh and balance options to determine best possible solution.
– Strong knowledge of web, mobile and cloud technologies including API services, data ingest, management of editorial content.
– Having a strong understanding of architectural design patterns.
– Being able to work with varying level of detail and abstraction.
– A passion for continuous personal development of yourself and others.
– Ability to participate as subject matter expert on specific domains/topics.
– Have great time management skills, being able to self-manage your own work with the ability to work on multiple pieces at one time.
– Demonstrate leadership skills
– Experience of domain driven design and event-based architecture
– Experience of building multi territory and large-scale applications
– Experience of line management responsibility
– Expertise on open source tools and systems
– Experience of working with and evolving large-scale systems
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about