8 months ago
Title : Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Requisition ID :2018-27824
Work Location :GB-Cheshire-Warrington
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Systems
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Want to play a vital role in existing and new defence and civil nuclear programmes in the UK, and want to provide key control and instrumentation support to both defence and civil nuclear sectors?
Then this is the opportunity for you.
About Wood Nuclear:
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Wood provides a range of services in support of safe, available and affordable nuclear propulsion for the current Vanguard Class SSBN fleet and the Trafalgar Class and Astute Class SSN hunter/killer fleets, as well as supporting the design and development of the Dreadnought Class, the next generation of SSBN submarines.
Wood is looking for a full time Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Control, Instrumentation and Electrical (CI&E) team based at Wood's Warrington office in Cheshire.
This role provides a diverse and exciting range of opportunities to support the UK submarine programme in relation to control and instrumentation, associated to emergent issues in-service, during manufacturing, plant-life extension and through next generation concept design, to ensure a continuous at-sea deterrent.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Quality assurance activities related to system and software development projects relating to control systems
* Reviewing project plans, requirements, design and verification work products to ensure adherence to standards
* Representing Wood Plc at system and software assurance audits and meetings with clients and other contractors
Skills / Qualifications
* Professional Institution accredited Degree or Post Graduate qualification in an engineering, computing or scientific discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* It is essential that anyone interested is, or can be, Security Cleared and is a UK national.
Desired experience and skills:-
* System Engineering or Software quality assurance and some experience of RTCA DO-178C and RTCA DO-254.
* Strong background of industrial standards, process concepts, continuous improvement and development assurance.
* Able to evaluate key work products and process performance against standards, perform analysis on the evaluation of results. Identify issues, project risks and provide insights to affect product and process quality.
* Developed communication skills both written an oral.
* Good interpersonal skills, to work as part of a CI&E technical and safety team.
* A willingness to travel if required for an individual project.
What do you get?
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and abroad; in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Wood:
* A competitive reward package
* Work life balance – We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations.
* Family friendly benefits – maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
* International opportunities - As an 60,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 counties you will have access to international career opportunities.
* For your peace of mind we offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection and life assurance benefit.
* To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions.
For our communities:
* We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme. In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in. You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.