5 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Software QA Engineer to join our engineering team based in Cambridge to help us deliver enabling tools to our partners. Our team within the Development Solutions Group (DSG) is responsible for developing Fast Models, a comprehensive programmer’s view modelling solution for Arm based systems.
DSG develops and markets integrated software tools to silicon partners and OEM customers. The product portfolio includes Fast Models, Cycle Models, DS-5 Development Tools, Keil MCU tools, Enterprise and HPC Software Development Tools, GNU Tools and the Arm Compiler. These tools support software development for all Arm CPUs both with, and in advance of the availability of, target silicon.
The DSG vision is to help our customers create innovative and energy efficient Arm powered products, using powerful and easy to use development tools. Our mission is to build or enable tools that improve Arm system performance, productivity or time to market.
As the enabling tool, Fast Models sits on the critical path of Arm IP delivery. We run millions of tests every day which results in extremely challenging requirements on the infrastructure, QA and staff. You will be responsible for creating, managing and maintaining test cases, safe guard on the code quality and lead the release activities. Meanwhile you are expected to contribute to continually maintain and improve the Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) processes, and work with the developers to identify the opportunities for the improvement on the product quality.
We’re looking for someone who has a real passion for software testing principles and methodologies. This is a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring QA engineer to develop skills through working within a cutting edge, successful, multi-national organization, surrounded by a vibrant community of passionate engineers.
A successful candidate will be flexible, with a variety of software development and testing skills and have a dedication to extend the breadth and depth of their knowledge in the following areas:
* Define, maintain and improve Continuous Integration process
* Define, maintain and improve Continuous Delivery process
* Manage the end to end testing and validation activities from inception to release
* Work with developers to identify the opportunities of improving product quality
* Align with DevOps engineers to deliver a reliable and robust infrastructure
* Define and implement the best QA practices for the engineering team
* Lead the release activities and be responsible for acceptance testing as well as signing off releases
* Strong stakeholder management skills
Education and Qualifications
A university degree in math, physics, engineering, computer science, or equivalent is essential. Minimum 5 years working experience as Software QA Engineer. ISEB/ISTQB or similar certifications are preferred, but not essential.
Skills and Experience
* A demonstrable good level of proficiency in one or more programming languages such as Python and a willingness and capability to learn more.
* Working knowledge of Linux and shell scripting languages
* Working knowledge of CI and CD such as Jenkins, Bamboo
* Experience of cross platform software development and testing
* Working knowledge of Agile development
* Version control and code review systems such as Git, Gerrit
* Test automation framework like Robot Framework
* Virtualization and cloud technologies such as Docker, Vagrant, OpenStack etc.
* Embedded software development and testing
You will make the biggest impact in this role if you are:
* Passionate about making a difference.
* Able to work independently and in a distributed team
* Flexible and open to new challenges
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road