4 months ago
About the role
Software Developers are the creative minds developing the software applications that make life easier for customers. Responsible for the entire development and support process for a software programme, your applications make previously complex tasks simple with the impact ranging from saving time, effort or money to re-defining normal. As you might expect, the role focuses on day-to-day code writing however, as a Senior Developer, you'll also get to lead on design and architecture as well as help mentor and develop those around you in the team!
Our Payment Team in Farringdon are super-critical for our business as, amongst other things, they build and support the APIs that process all of our in-store and online card payments and have a direct impact on both customer experience and the business.
The stack: .NET Core, Docker, HAProxy, Azure DevOps, Postgres, and Cassandra. TDD and a 'you build it, you support it' DevOps approach are also key parts of our engineering culture.
If you like to work on high-impact business-critical systems then this could be the team for you!
You will be responsible for
* Using your in-depth knowledge of .NET and the tool ecosystem to develop and implement scalable frontend systems.
* Translating requirements into tasks & code.
* Producing test-driven features and demonstrating your familiarity with the TDD cycle.
* Applying your understanding of cohesion and the SOLID principles to create well structured, maintainable software.
* Working effectively with product stakeholders to communicate and translate needs into product improvements.
* Leading group discussions on system design and working with Product Managers to drive value.
* Supporting production systems, resolving incidents, and performing root cause analysis.
* Sharing knowledge with the wider engineering community.
* Mentoring and developing others around you.
* Producing proof of concepts to evaluate new tools.
You will need
* Solid experience as a .NET backend developer working on systems at scale.
* Experience with both SQL/NoSQL databases.
* Experience of working in Agile environments and TDD.
* Experience with Ecommerce and search systems would be a nice to have, but not necessary.
* Excellent communication skills
What’s in it for you
* An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 15% of base salary
* Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
* Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
* A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
* Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
* Buy As You Earn Scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares and save tax after 3 months of service
* Save As You Earn Scheme which gives you the opportunity to save direct from your pay for three or five years with the option of using your savings to buy Tesco shares at a discounted price after 1 year of service
* Access to Tesco Learning and Development Academy, Safari Books -****** and Pluralsight Technology Learning Platform -******
* Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
* Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
* Cycle to work and Car Share Schemes
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco Group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.