9 months ago
Senior Software Engineer (m/w)
Airbus DS Newport
As the European specialist in cyber security, the mission of Airbus’ CyberSecurity business is to protect governments, companies and critical infrastructures from cyber threats. Its trusted, high performance security products and services are able to detect, analyse and counter the most advanced cyber attacks.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Senior Software Engineer (m/w) has arisen within Airbus CyberSecurity in Newport, South Wales.
You will be responsible to the Head of Equipment & Products for executing allocated Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
Tasks & accountabilities
You will be responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified customer requirements, by:
* analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown
* preparing software architectural and detailed design UML Models and documentation
* generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design
* controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists)
* integrating the software onto the target platform
* providing software technical support
* supporting the company software process and procedure updates
You will need to ensure that
* all equipment is designed, developed, integrated and tested in accordance with Airbus Defence & Space standards
* tools, methodologies and coding standards are appropriately specified and applied to achieve project aims
* technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired “technical” expertise
* the cost/benefit trade-offs of design options are understood, enabling appropriate judgement calls to be made
* software development plans can be estimated in detail, and resource requirements can be allocated against plans
You will have the following skills and experience:
* Educated to Degree Level (or equivalent) in Software Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent
* Extensive experience of software development and be familiar with a number of software development methodologies
* Able to carry out development tasks of up to six months duration with very limited supervision
* Experience of software systems design & implementation for networking communications in a commercial and/or military environment.
* Being familiar with process driven software development
* Experience with the implementation of embedded real-time software in either C or C++; or implementation of Windows application software in C#
* Object oriented analysis, design and development documented using UML
* Understanding of requirements implementation and traceability, and of work package definition and estimation
* Successful track record of working in a lead role
* Highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills
The following skills and experiences would be appreciated:
* Full project lifecycle
* Requirements Management (e.g. using DOORS)
* Software implementation of data or voice network protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, VOIP)
* Cryptographic techniques and their application in products/systems
* SQL database interfacing/design
* Formal software configuration management
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognised authorities.