3 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the team
How would you like to join Arm at a time of great change within our industry?
Would you love to be working as part of a team of developers who work on a variety of developer tools?
We're looking for a bright and enthusiastic Java developer to strengthen our team, help us build on our existing products and craft exciting, new ones.
About the team
Based in the company’s headquarters in Cambridge, the Development Solutions Group (DSG) produces market-leading development tools for the Arm architecture, including Arm Development Studio 5 (DS-5), featuring an Eclipse-based IDE for C/C++ developers, a debugger, a performance analyser and compiler toolchains.
You will be involved in diverse mix of tasks, such as supporting the newest Arm IP, whilst producing a product that is used by many developers every day.
What will you be accountable for?
* Development of DS-5 Debugger, a complete Arm-proprietary debugger implementation written almost exclusively in Java
* Product and release engineering for the overall DS-5 tools suite
* You will take active part in all stages of the release cycle, from writing specifications to packaging software components into an install-able product.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
* Authoritative knowledge of the Java language and the Java SE API
* Working knowledge of C and C++
* Sound understanding of Computer Architecture and Operating System theory
* Experience with building, testing and releasing software products (build tools such as ant, gradle or cmake, continuous integration systems, etc)
* Building Eclipse-based products
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
ARM is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package.
Opening date: 11 May 2018
Closing date: 11 June 2018
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps