3 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
How would you like to join Arm at a time of great change within our industry?
The Development Solutions Group (DSG) is to help our customers craft innovative and energy efficient Arm-Powered products, using powerful and easy to use development tools. Our mission is to build or enable tools that improve Arm system performance, productivity or time to market.
Our team within the DSG is responsible for developing DS-5 Development Studio, a comprehensive tools suite for embedded C/C++ software development on Arm-based systems. To learn more, please visit:
We are growing, and as a result are seeking a Senior Software Engineer in Test to come and share their expertise with us in our Cambridge team and help us to deliver best-in-class tools.
The suitable candidate will be able to bring up and test complex SW/HW systems with various test contents, identify failing cases and pre-identify troublesome components. Also, feels comfortable in dealing with both software and hardware components on daily basis, compiling, modifying and running operating systems, custom applications, associated test payloads for reference target devices and products in development.
* You will work within the development team to ensure the highest quality levels throughout; contribute to requirements gathering, monitor tests coverage, identify and implement necessary changes in the code base so that testability is built into our products.
* You will own continuous integration and test automation infrastructures; work towards the tightest build/test feedback loop, by selecting and deploying the best tools and frameworks
* You will contribute directly to unit and end-to-end testing
* You will develop product expertise, organise exploratory and usability testing, engaging internal users and customer support teams
* Depending on experience, there is scope to develop people in the team, developers and testers alike
To be successful in this role, you will need the following:
* Tried and tested knowledge of Java and Python
* Fluent programming/scripting techniques under Linux or Windows
* Recent experience in software development or product validation, tests automation and continuous integration frameworks
* The ability to work effectively as part of our engineering team, collaborating with developers and other infrastructure teams around the company
* Experience with embedded software development, Linux or Android OS (system configuration, compiling and running applications)
* Sound computer architecture knowledge
* Demonstrable experience as SW or HW product validation specialist or similar
* Fluent programming/scripting techniques under Linux or Windows (one of bash, Python, Ruby, C/C++, Java)
* Practical knowledge of version control systems
* Practical knowledge of OpenGL(ES)/Vulkan graphics API
* Knowledge of GNU toolchain
* Experience with developing and maintaining systems for unattended test automation
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
ARM is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package.
We are hiring for multiple Software and Senior Software Engineers in Test at this site.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road