2 months ago
Senior Software Engineer - Feeds
Posted Feb 4, 2021 - Requisition No. 88671
Real-time market data is at the core of Bloomberg's business and we are responsible for the software that provides it. Our feed handlers consume data from hundreds of exchanges and financial institutions around the world and translate it into normalized streams. The data we provide is flowing into applications across Bloomberg and ultimately is used by clients driving financial markets. Performance and reliability are key features of our software, and our mission is to provide the best quality financial data in the world.
What's in it for you:
As a member of our team, you will immediately begin delivering software that has an impact on the whole company. You will collaborate with business units, development teams, and external exchanges to drive projects dealing with high volume data across all asset classes. You will work on a variety of business projects as well as strategic initiatives to continually improve our infrastructure. At the moment, we are refactoring major feed handlers to use standard components, modern frameworks, and C++14 to ensure our software is stable and maintainable. It is a great chance to try your design and coding skills in practice.
Our tech stack:
Most of our software is written in C++ and runs on Linux. We also partner with dedicated SRE and SDLC teams that help us manage and support our CI and production environment. An ideal match would be an engineer with commercial C++ experience. However, if you have worked with other object-oriented languages and you are keen to learn C++, we want to talk to you all the same!
You'll need to have:
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Expertise in your chosen object-oriented programming language, and a willingness to learn C++
* A mindset for high quality and continuous improvement, delivering performant and resilient solutions and challenging others
* Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
* Excellent communication skills, comfortable interacting with business teams
We’d love to see:
* Experience developing on Linux-based platforms
* Experience with network protocols such as TCP, UDP and Multicast
* Knowledge of market data
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.