7 months ago
Senior Software Engineer - Bloomberg New Energy Finance
Posted Jul 25, 2018 - Requisition No. 68364
Here at Bloomberg New Energy Finance (Or BNEF for short), we provide leading analysis, tools and data for decision makers making an impact in the energy space. We help clients stay on top of developments via a variety of platforms including the web, mobile and the proprietary Bloomberg Terminal.
Our team is responsible for building out BNEF’s presence on the Bloomberg Terminal, while also helping expose the terminal’s proprietary data and services to our web and mobile platforms. We do this through a modern ETL system that we began building last year and a new search as a service project that we are starting this year.
Operating with a start-up mentality within the larger enterprise, our responsibility is to develop and deploy cutting-edge software that meets the needs of our high profile customers.
We're seeking an energetic and talented software engineer with strong technical and programming skills, excellent problem solving ability and an appreciation for the scope and impact of their work.
We'll trust you to:
* Work closely with the Product Owner and your team mates.
* Get your hands dirty improving our new Python based ETL system.
* Write scalable, efficient code designed with high availability and disaster recovery in mind
* Help us build out our tooling and infrastructure
You'll need to have:
* Solid proficiency in Python
* An interest in learning and working with new languages such as TypeScript
* Able to work effectively in a self-organising team
* Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues
We'd love to see:
* Exposure to Test Driven Development and Pair Programming
* Understanding of developing ETL systems
* You have previously been exposed to a Continuous Delivery environment
What’s in it for you:
* Modern technology: A modern tech stack which includes Python 3, Open Stack, Docker and Github. A mature CI/CD pipeline that ships code multiple times a day.
* Ability to make an impact: You will drive and own highly visible and widely used technology that are consistently relied on by our users. Opportunities to mentor and help develop the teams’ junior engineers and interns.
* Exposure to technical challenges: Help set the technical direction of our projects. Our three platform teams work closely together which will expose you to a variety of web, mobile and proprietary Bloomberg technologies.
* Ownership and autonomy: You'll be responsible for the full project life-cycle, from idea generation to deployment, documentation and maintenance.
* An environment that supports your development: Asking questions is encouraged and collaboration is key. On any given day you can attend an internal meetup, check out our e-learning platform, or attend an external conference.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think you're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
In the meantime, you can learn more about BNEF and the Bloomberg Terminal:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.