4 months ago
Senior Software Engineer – Application Frameworks
Posted Jul 23, 2018 - Requisition No. 68328
The Bloomberg Terminal platform hosts over 10,000 unique applications that underpin the global financial markets. Our Application Frameworks group develops the platform that our 5,000 engineers depend on to build robust tools for our users. In the Application Toolkits team, we provide the framework for building client-facing applications at Bloomberg. We own the server and client-side runtime environments, developer-facing APIs, widget library and rendering engine for applications.
Our team in London is building out a company-wide testing infrastructure for Engineers and QA teams to use. Our ultimate goal is to create a new toolkit that is compatible with modern external test tools so engineers can use whatever testing technology works best for their application. This will enable QA to be more efficient and ensure that our developers have everything they need to build the best products for our clients.
You'll need to have:
* Demonstrated experience programming in an object-oriented language
* Strong understanding of object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
* An aptitude for analytical problem solving
* Exposure to all phases of the software development lifecycle
We'd love to see:
* You can work seamlessly across Linux/UNIX
* Experience building developer tools
* A passion for making things more efficient, and automating manual work whenever possible
Sound like you? Submit an application and we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.