about 1 month ago
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We are looking for talented Software Engineers to join our team and provide analytics ready data, enabling our data driven culture. You will join a new team being spun up, to build a new declarative ETL pipeline based on Google’s Cloud Dataflow, Google pub/sub, Apache Beam and Googles Big Query.
Experience in these technologies or equivalent is desirable but not mandatory. If you are new to this area but highly proficient in Java or Scala and willing to learn quickly then this is a great opportunity to become an industry expert on Google Cloud Services.
What you’ll do:
– Design, build, test and maintain data pipelines, according to business and technical requirements
– Deliver observable, reliable and secure software, embracing “you build it you run it” mentality, and focus on automation and GitOps
– Continually work on improving the codebase and have active participation in all aspects of the team, including agile ceremonies
– Take an active role in story definition, assisting business stakeholders with acceptance criteria
– Work with Principal Engineers and Architects to share and contribute to the broader technical vision
– Develop and champion best practices, striving towards excellence and raising the bar within the department
What you’ll bring:
– Highly proficient in Java or Scala
– Strong Test-Driven Development background, with understanding of levels of testing required to continuously deliver value to production
– Experience of near Real Time Data Pipeline development in a similar Big Data Engineering role is advantageous
– Hands on programming experience of the following (or similar) technologies is advantageous: Google Pub/Sub, Google BigQuery, Google Dataflow / Apache Beam/ Scio, Google Dataproc / Apache Spark
– Data modelling experience advantageous
– Delivery experience within an agile environment using Scrum/ Kanban methodologies and Pair Programming
OTT: Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our London, UK campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from London, UK, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.