about 1 month ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Want to use your C++ skills creatively while learning about new compute architectures? We're looking for people with a passion to learn about groundbreaking processor architectures and who are eager to build highly optimised models.
For each IP block that we sell Arm also develops a high performance functional software model; these can be stitched together, just like the hardware, to produce working simulations of whole devices
These models are used extensively inside the company to validate architectural design choices, and externally, by our partners, to prototype products big and small; we can execute the whole software stack from boot loader to browser, all before hardware is available.
Successful applicants will join a new team building models of the next generation of GPU and NPU products. This team will find creative and novel solutions to achieve functional accuracy and high performance, in order to allow Arm and our partners to validate real scenarios. As one of the first consumers of new architectures you will provide invaluable feedback on their design, and influence the success of an industry by developing the tools integral to many of Arm’s development flows and those of our customers.
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer you will:
* Develop, test, and maintaining high performance software models for Arm’s advanced IP
* Collaborate with other engineering, architecture and research groups to advance the Arm-based ecosystem
* Use world-class tools - a high end development environment, HPC equipment, dedicated DevOps support
* Develop into a leadership role for a technical or organisational aspect of the project
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of Arm modelling methodologies
* Benefit from our new offices and recently enhanced benefits package
If you have experience of any of the following items please make sure you describe the relevant work or project in your application:
* A working knowledge of modern C++
* You will be comfortable diving into an existing codebase to make modifications
* A proven ability to design, debug and deliver cunning solutions to complicated software problems; perhaps by re-interpreting the problem and 'bending the rules'
* Curiosity and resourcefulness
Other relevant skills
* GPU architecture or APIs: OpenGL (ES), Vulkan, OpenCL, CUDA etc
* Machine Learning concepts or APIs: CNNs, TensorFlow, PyTorch etc
* Compiler backend and IR e.g. some work with LLVM
* Multi-threaded, multi-processor code
* Knowledge of modelling technologies, such as SystemC or gem5
* Cross-platform development for Linux and Windows
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
* Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances.
* Take risks in support of Arm's progress.
* Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure.
* Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I Collaboration first, egos last.
* Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
* Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
* Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
* Care about the people around you.
Be your Brilliant Self Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
* Be authentic.
* Seek and embrace differences.
* Encourage curiosity and challenge.
* Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps