about 1 month ago
Feltham, United Kingdom
Area of Interest
Engineer - Software
Software Development, Testing
"What You'll Do
We need a forward-thinking experienced Software Engineer who strives to innovate the world and offer solutions. You will join our development team whose focus is to automate network infrastructure provisioning and operations. You will regularly collaborate with Network Engineers to better understand the use cases, but to also assist with enhancing their software development skills and mindset. You will be the go-to person by your clients and teammates for solving the business problems with the most efficient and state of the art solutions.
Who You'll Work With
When you work with us, you will be part of a highly empowered, global, multi-functional team. We’re an agile, fun, passionate Network Infrastructure team within Cisco IT— Collaborating and working closely with Cisco Business Teams on new Cisco technologies/solutions from design, implementation, and operations.
Who You Are
A well-rounded software engineer with experience in full-stack web applications. As a result, you have a winning record of designing and delivering, ground breaking multi-functional initiatives.
Our minimum requirements include:
BA/BS in Computer science plus few years of experience in development and experience in Agile methodology.
Advanced Programming Languages: Strong Python experience
Experience with Agile (Scrum/Kanban) development
Experience with software testing (functional: unit, integration, non-functional: performance, stress, security, etc.)
Analytical thinker and ability to work to get the required information to achieve the task proactively
Ability to lead and mentor more junior engineers
Experience in the following areas would be beneficial:
Web Frameworks: Django, Flask and experience building and consuming APIs.
Basic Database Experience: Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
CI/CD tool experience: Git, Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory, uDeploy or similar.
IT Technologies: Basic understanding of networking
What we’re offering
• Work-life balance -flexible work hours and workspace using cutting edge collaboration tools, remote working option (few days per week)
• Challenging role with room to play, learn and grow your career opportunities
• A world of opportunities: Personalized learning, mentoring, stretch assignments and extraordinary career growth programs
• Competitive salary package with attractive benefits
• Culture of recognition: From praise to promotions, bonuses, incentives, patent programs and innovation challenges, recognition and gratitude is part of everyday work life at Cisco"