11 months ago
At Solutions & Digital we help KPMG and hundreds of other organisations around the world to envision and build digital products that empower their employees and serve their customers — all with people, business and technology in mind.
We are human-centred technology advocates, analysts, designers and engineers. Whether we're creating new products or helping a business become more relevant to its customers, people in Solutions & Digital are creators at heart. We find gaps, develop hypotheses and build beautiful ecosystems, inspiring our clients to push the boundaries of what’s possible. From a junior researcher to the head of development we possess a clear vision of the future and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking solutions that solve today’s challenges for a better tomorrow.
Our core competency is the .NET stack (C#, ASP.NET MVC, WebApi) and cutting-edge web client technologies (ReactJS, HTML5). We pride ourselves on delivering highly modular, testable, scalable, SOLID code with continuous integration and deployment to cloud environments. We follow agile methodologies and a Git workflow.
You will be part of our product engineer team and work in multidisciplinary agile teams including product owners, QA engineers, UX designers and business analysts.
We welcome polyglot developers with experience in other stacks (Ruby, Java, Scala) who are happy to bring their experiences on board. As part of our rigorous recruitment process, we’ll thoroughly test your ability to code with peerless precision, quality and clarity.
As a member of the team, you’ll be expected to keep up to date with the tech field. We gladly sponsor certifications and training courses.
You are expected have experience and develop your technical skills within the following areas:
• At least one object orientated programming language, with a willingness to work on other. Cloud development in AWS and/ or Azure, including writing for containers
• Mobile development with Xamarin or Flutter
• Front end development in React (including Node.js integration)
• Software design and architecture: tiered architecture, clean architecture
• Software security
• Content management systems (Umbraco)
• Software testing, performance optimisation and maintenance
• Relational and noSQL database design
You are not expected to be proficient in all of the above, however you should demonstrate a general understanding of the concepts and start to specialise in a couple of key areas.
As a software engineer, you will be expected to:
• Work in small to medium agile teams and lead on sub-projects
• Demonstrate evidence of excellent agile practices
• Demonstrate evidence of disciplined approach to secure code development
• Show effective self-organisation skills
• Be able to mentor junior team members and advise peers
• Actively collaborate with team members from all capabilities
Day to day job tasks
• Create or design workable prototypes
• Create specification and design of system components to meet defined requirements
• Implement user requirements and software designs for a system component
• Maintain and support services
• Identify, explore and implement improvements to services or system components
• Integrate and test components, systems and their interfaces
• Ensure the quality of your implemented solutions (e.g. by testing, code reviews, automated scans)
• Help your technical lead manage deployment pipelines, or implement and manage the deployment pipeline for your system component
• Document your solutions
Role Location: London \\ Manchester \\ Leeds
Developer, Java, Database, Cloud, Testing, Technology