26 days ago
We are recruiting Senior Software Engineers to work at our Bath offices.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be fundamental to our ability to deliver to our customers and clients. Our customer expectations are high as we deliver high-integrity software intensive systems, therefore we are looking for innovative and driven people that can help to deliver projects on time to the required quality.
Typical application domains include air traffic control systems, civil nuclear, railway and train protection systems and defence systems. The tasks and responsibilities of the roles will cover all aspects of the software life-cycle, and will:
* Leading software development teams in the production of software development plans, typically reflecting rigorous and disciplined development processes
* Setting technical strategy for large and complex sales proposals and/or projects
* Providing flexible engineering judgement and taking leadership responsibility
* Producing requirements specifications
* Defining software architectures
* Developing detailed designs
* Producing assurance plans – including balancing static and dynamic analysis solutions to implement cost-effective assurance regimes
* Producing test management plans
* Developing test environments
* Developing and executing test specifications
* Supporting safety engineers in the development of evidence for software safety cases
* Being an active member of the Altran software community, sharing best-practice and contributing to Altran’s capabilities in this area
* Proven ability to produce innovative and practical solutions to a wide variety of problems; balancing the client’s needs against costs, schedules and risk.
* Knowledge of industry-standard tools and techniques, and a critical appreciation of their strengths and weaknesses
* A sound appreciation of the underlying principles of software engineering for complex embedded systems – in particular the role of static analysis and an understanding of the issues associated with delivery of complex systems.
* The ability to carry out detailed justified work to commercial and technical requirements, and to be able to constructively criticise and assess others’ work
* Excellent organisational, oral and written communication skills with the ability to engage effectively with all levels of client and internal stakeholder. This may include representing Altran to clients and the wider technical community, on occasion.
* A proven commitment to quality and outstanding results, coupled with superior analytical skills
* Experience of mentoring and developing others
* Comfortable working in an environment that promotes autonomy and initiative and requires a flexible attitude
* Experience of working outside the UK is useful, and capability in foreign languages is a bonus
Qualification and Education:
* A good degree in a science or engineering discipline – or significant industrial experience
* Relevant disciplines could include systems engineering, maths, physics, software engineering – the first degree is likely to be numerate and scientific
* Training and development is likely to reflect a multi-disciplinary background and a consistent approach to continuous professional development
* Ideally you’ll have a relevant professional institution with chartered status
This role may require obtaining the relevant level of security clearance.