3 months ago
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
As the demand for QinetiQ’s products and services continues to increase, we are looking to appoint a Software Engineer to join our current team of talented engineers. You will play an important role in the team taking ownership for your work packages, supporting the delivery of cutting edge projects, shaping how delivery is executed and applying your development experience across a range of activities from research to autonomous UxV product development to cloud computing. Having experience of the full software development lifecycle from requirement capture and analysis through design, implementation and test to go live, you will be comfortable directing more junior staff and be able to communicate effectively with our customers.
QinetiQ prides itself on the delivery of world class capability, developing next generation software solutions. If you have a passion for technology, with an ability to embrace new technologies / ways of working to solve complex problems, we would like to hear from you.
- Extensive experience of the full software development lifecycle from concept through to delivery
- Experience of C++ development for high-integrity software, e.g. for an aerospace or automotive project
Experience of Agile Scrum development
- Linux (particularly Ubuntu) & Windows application development
- Experience of Atlassian tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence & BitBucket)
- Experience of UML & architecture modelling tools (e.g. Enterprise Architect)
- Experience with robot autonomy and visual navigation techniques & software (e.g. ROS)
- Experience with geospatial surveying, mapping & route planning techniques and tools
- Experience with continuous integration approach & tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Development experience with Visual Studio or Visual Studio Code
- Development experience with MATLAB or Python