8 months ago
Senior Software Engineer-200001CB
This is an opportunity to join a high performing software
development team, in a senior technical role. Working for a global tech
Since a 2018 acquisition by Oracle Data Cloud, our central
Cambridge based software engineering team have continued to develop Industry
leading products in the areas of contextual targeting and brand safety.
Originally founded on pioneering research at Cambridge
University by Dr. Martin Porter; the Oracle Data Cloud contextual intelligence
group has deep roots in the use of natural language processing, and information
As a software engineer you will work as part of a small
autonomous team, taking full ownership of solving problems from start to
finish. Working in an agile organisation, you will know that the customer is
the real arbiter of value, and your goal will be to delight our customers by
providing innovative and novel solutions. You will get to work with the latest
languages, frameworks and toolsets, building software and services that lead
the advance of technology in our industry.
* Take responsibility for building solutions to
our customers’ problems.
* Pair with team members to produce high quality
* Review the work of others and offer constructive
* Support and mentor more junior team members.
* Perform an active role in team planning, review
and retrospective events.
* Work with colleagues to define systems
architecture and approach.
* High level of skill with Go, C++, Python, PHP or
other object oriented languages.
* Familiarity with RESTful APIs, and web services.
* Experience using containerised applications and
* Confident using Linux and scripting.
* Desire to produce clean, legible code.
* Passion for quality, in your own and your
* Driven to learn new things.
* Interest in large scale, highly available
* Motivated to deliver real solutions to
* Sound understanding of agile software
development practice.Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job: Product Development
Location: GB-GB, UK-Cambridge
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire