7 months ago
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
The Bespoke Applications Team, a part of the QinetiQ Group IT function are responsible for the design, development and maintenance of software applications to support the Long Term Partnering Agreement (LTPA) and MoD customers.
Job description/Person specification:
The Software Development Team, a part of the QinetiQ Group IT function are responsible for the design, development and maintenance of software applications to support QinetiQ Transformation, Digital Workplace, Bespoke Application Development Portfolio, IT Operations Automation, Long Term Partnering Agreement (LTPA) and MoD customers.
We are looking for an experienced engineer who has a proven software engineering track record, and the leadership qualities to motivate, mentor and direct a project team of software engineering and test engineering professionals.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate their expertise in both software engineering and database engineering.
This role can be based at either the Farnborough (Hampshire) or Boscombe Down (near Salisbury, Wiltshire) site
• Utilises software engineering tools such as configuration management systems, build processes, and debuggers in the software development process.
• Creates and contributes to design & development documentation • Develops software consistently following coding standards and in accordance with applicable software development methodology and release processes • Adapts to tackle complex solutions and is eager learn new skills • Self-motivated with good time management • Communicates confidently with team members, business analysts, customers and other stakeholders
• Able to lead a technical team as well as be a key part of the development of the software • Experience in developing web applications for intranet or internet environments • Strong software engineering skills and a proven track record of delivering high quality solutions • At least 6 years’ experience with .NET with C# or VB.Net.
• At least 6 years’ experience in database engineering in either SQL Server or Oracle including the concepts of database design, querying, normalisation.
• Agile (Scrum or equivalent) mentoring experience • Test Driven Development and/or Behaviour Driven Development • Experience with .NET Core • Automated Testing • Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment • Azure • Any experience with Enterprise Integration (e.g. BizTalk)