5 months ago
Senior Software Engineer
Templecombe (Somerset) or Belfast
Thales teams deliver cutting-edge solutions to armed forces the world over. We are Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics and a leading provider of integrated air defence systems. But our people don’t just work with incredibly advanced technology. The armoured vehicles we build can resist the full force of improvised explosive devices, while our avionics solutions control some of the world’s most iconic military aircraft. Together, our people make the world safer.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to develop quality software across a range of projects, operating systems and development environments, as well as providing support, leadership and guidance to the wider team.
* Designing, coding, testing, configuring and supporting fully integrated software solutions that meet customer needs and our own high standards
* Working closely with Systems Engineers, Software Engineers and Architects to support the development and review of functional design specifications, high-level system architecture and interface designs
* Contributing to scrum teams, attending project reviews and ensuring we work to established software engineering processes and methodologies
* Supporting, encouraging and sharing knowledge with other team members.
Skills & Experience
Significant C++/ Java development experience, supported by strong design principles.
Previous experience in a senior role within a software development team, with a proven ability to deliver successful software under pressure
A deep understanding of configuration management, change control and continuous integration tools such as Jenkins and a passion for producing clean code
In addition any of the following would be beneficial:
* Model Driven Engineering/UML
* Any of the following - Spring, Camel, JPA, Sencha
* Web services design and development
* Agile methodologies,i.e. SCRUM
* Continuous integration and automated test tools
* HCI design
* Military software development
This is a fantastic opportunity with a global, innovative company. Join Us.
Together We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss with your Resourcing Business partner.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!