8 months ago
Senior Software Engineer
Cheadle, Nr Manchester
Thales Maritime Mission Systems provide a unique opportunity for you to create software that delivers a state of the art Sonar capability for UK and International Navies. Our systems are developed for a wide range of significant defence projects, including the Astute class submarines, Merlin helicopters, Type 23 frigates and the Hunt class mine countermeasures vessel. As a Thales Maritime Mission Systems software engineer, you will develop the next-generation of Sonar technologies, for which we are world-renowned.
You will be a key member of the Software Development team based at the Thales site in Manchester, and will have the opportunity to collaborate with Thales sites in the UK and overseas.
Key responsibilities will include the design, implementation and test of Human Computer Interface, Acoustic processing and middleware products, using industry standard tools and methods.
* Define our solution by working with Systems Engineering to develop requirements and a test strategy
* Develop our systems by working as a key member of a project team to deliver a high quality, robust software deliverable that meets customer requirements, on time and within budget
* Support our systems by working with customer support functions to ensure that currently deployed software products are maintained on both land and at sea
* Build our strategy by working with the software management function to ensure that skills, technology and ways of working are developed
* Experience of Java, C++, C
* Awareness of Software configuration control principles
* Awareness of real time constraints in software development
* Experience of linux and shell scripts
* Awareness of UML modelling
* A knowledge of Software architectures
This is a fantastic opportunity with an global, innovative company. Join us.
Together We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss with your Resourcing Business partner.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!