6 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding role, which influences billions of devices worldwide? Are you looking to expand your technical knowledge into new areas, working on the forefront of mobile GPU technology?
You will join a software development team ensuring the drivers for the next generation Mali™ mobile GPUs interface seamlessly with the latest yet-to-be-published Android versions and Linux windowing systems. You will get a unique view into modern graphics rendering pipelines, defining what you see on the screens of smart phones, tablets, TVs and more.
You will be part of a multinational, dynamic and highly motivated Agile software development team. We are located across Cambridge (UK) and Trondheim (Norway), working closely with the multi-disciplined engineering teams across Arm’s European design centres.
Technologies you will work with include Wayland, Android’s Surface Flinger, Khronos EGL and Vulkan APIs, and the Android and Linux graphics stacks. No prior knowledge of these is required - if you would like to develop your programming skills and get to learn about these technologies this is the opportunity for you.
Your day to day activities would include:
* Implementing and extending the Vulkan and EGL Khronos APIs, which are the user-space link between driver and OS.
* Participating in all phases of software development - including design, implementation, testing, code review and documentation.
* Working closely with other software teams to deliver a high-quality GPU driver.
* Maintaining the existing codebase and fixing bugs
* Development on local platforms and remotely on a test farm, on both stable and under development OS configurations.
Recent achievements include:
* Development of Vulkan extensions to enable direct-to-display rendering.
* Development of EGL extensions to support virtual reality (VR), such as Google Daydream.
* Creation of a new platform independent frame-buffer allocation interface.
* Updates to the interface code required to support future, in development Mali GPUs.
About the Media Processing Group:
In Media Engineering you will be working alongside the best engineers in the world, making market leading products for the world’s most successful companies.
With applications in mobile, machine learning, Internet of Things, automotive, security, and embedded devices, your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Our product portfolio includes Graphics, Image, Display and Video IP and our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the world’s #1 shipping Graphics Processor.
We are a global team, working across numerous sites and cultures and we are entering a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for talented people to join the team.
Education & Qualifications:
* Educated to Degree (computer science or electronics engineering) or equivalent experience.
Skills & Experience required:
* Demonstrable expertise in C and C++ programming.
* Experience developing software for Linux, Android or Tizen based systems.
* Good understanding of computer architecture and embedded systems.
* Proficiency in problem solving and debugging skills.
* Any experience with Khronos OpenGL ES, Vulkan and/or EGL.
* Knowledge of the graphics stack on any major operating system.
* Experience of driver or HAL development.
* Familiarity with Android-based systems.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
Deadline for internal applications: 19th April 2018
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road