3 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The Senior Software Engineer will report to the Engineering Group Manager within the Rotorcraft IVHM Team. You will work independently on projects determined by the SW Team Leader and contribute to team goals, both internally and globally. You will also contribute to design discussions and decisions. You will work primarily in a waterfall-type development environment to meet customer milestones and there is potential for being involved in agile type developments.
* Act as a member of the Software team, representing the face of high quality design and development practices, working closely with cross-functional teams in understanding customer needs, collecting requirements, designing & implementing software, and driving feature integration
* Write code that adheres to coding standards and delivers desired functionality using the appropriate technology for the project/product
* Design and document application software that will meet the requirements of DO-178C, mostly at level D
* Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedure
* Generate Estimates for coding solutions and enhancements to meet customer requirements to support technical proposals.
* Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and experience
* Demonstrable experience in object oriented design methodology and various programming languages, including C# and C++
* Familiar with software life cycle to support development of DO-178C level D projects
* Self-motivated, able to work independently
* Ability to identify, quantify, and resolve technical problems
* Ability to work under pressure and meet project schedules
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
Experience with Requirements Management and use of DOORS
Experience with the following languages/technologies/tools:
* .Net 4.5
* Subversion (SVN)
* Experience working within Aviation Environment
* Familiarity with Code design (e.g. UML & Enterprise Architect)
* Experience with Automated Test Development
* Familiarity with Continuous Integration, Build and test and associated tools (e.g. Jenkins)
* Knowledge of communications tools such as Jira.
Locations: United Kingdom; Eastleigh
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
4 months ago
only 11 days until close