4 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“The Core Client Team is responsible for building the playback-related functionality in Sky’s OTT products. We work closely with the teams in Sky Go, NOW TV, Sky Sports and others to ensure that common functionality is built in a reliable, scalable and efficient way. We own the internally open source SDK which our colleagues across Sky use to achieve effortless playback on Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Samsung TV, LG TV, PlayStation, Xbox and Roku. The SDK abstracts the complexity of achieving playback on these devices and provides a single, simple to use API. We are now looking for talented engineers to join us in finding new innovative ways to build features and improve upon our video players” – Principal Engineer
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning London, UK campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
– Build new features and maintain existing solutions within the SDK.
– Contribute to planning and architecture of new features and see them through to release.
– Daily code reviews on new submissions raised to the SDK, both from colleagues within the team and externally.
– Support client teams with integration of the SDK and assist in diagnosing issues.
– A strong understanding of software design and development principles.
– An expert-level understanding of Objective-C and Swift.
– Ability to communicate effectively and explain complex problems in a simple way.
– Enjoy collaborating with others, both inside and outside the team.
– Ability to provide constructive and objective feedback.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about