3 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Analytics and Planning Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Plus, access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
As a Back-end Software Engineer, you will contribute to the company and team’s success by developing software capabilities to support the development of our OSS and BSS systems.
– Focus upon taking capabilities that have been built by our team of Network Data Scientists and introducing a robust software and systems wrapper for the provision of business services.
– As a multi-faceted team, you are an individual who aspire to be multidisciplinary and have the desire to go above and beyond a ‘this is my box’ view of the world.
– Experience as an engineer who constantly seeks to dig deeper, understand business problems and find solutions by offering unique/lateral points of view and are self-motivated
– Passion as a problem solver with excellent coding skills (ideally in Python) and used at least one of the Python web frameworks, ideally Django
– Hands-on experience developing Rest API’s and wrappers
– Knowledge and are comfortable configuration management & deployment tools, preferably Ansible and experience with databases, ideally Postgres
– Experience with continuous integration/deployment using Jenkins or similar and are interested to quickly pick up and work on new technologies, tools and programming languages
– Experience to push forward the adoption of new technologies
– Good analytical skills and a consultative, proactive and join-the-dots approach
– Excellent attention to detail, strong prioritization skills and verbal communication
– 5+ years’ experience with proven commercial experience in delivering projects
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about