7 months ago
Senior Site Manager - Fit Out
Job number: UK11560
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Site Management / Superintendent
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Fit out Senior Site Manager to join our London Team. Overlooking Buckingham Palace this project is a £130m new build high end residential development of 72 apartments. This is a large and complex site which involves an extensive refurbishment, retained façade and new build RC Frame.
The successful applicant will have previous fit out experience within the ultra high end residential sector. We are particularly interested in candidates with expeince of high end finishes including bespoke joinery and marble.
What you'll be doing
As, Senior Site Manager - Fit Out, you will:
* Have overall responsibility for the successful completion of the section or works/overall project and to lead by example, managing the day to day delivery of construction projects
* Lead and motivate the team and manage performance, undertaking training/ coaching as appropriate
* Manage sub-contractors, including monitoring of contractor attendance and progress, providing direct instruction and support as necessary, such that contractual arrangements are achieved
* Produce and regularly review the project programme to ensure completion on time under the supervision of a Project Manager
* Maintain targets and KPI’s in line with Project objectives and monitor performance
* Liaise with Project Manager to keep fully aware of project progress and ensure that all additional work is identified and that the Senior Project Team are notified of all potential opportunities and financial, specification and time risks
Who we're looking for
You will have:
* A successful track record in managing operational delivery within the high end residential sector
* Experience managing specialist residential interior finishes
* An SMSTS certificate, first aid certificate & CSCS
* Demonstrable experience in the application of H&S management
* The ability to produce a realistic programme and proactively track progress
* An excellent understanding of the standard forms of contracts
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.